Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Natataranta na si Aria. It's almost time and yet she hasn't defeated her enemy! Paano na 'to?!

Kahit hindi niya dinidibdib ang mga pinagsasabi ng manonood, medyo naapektuhan pa rin siya. She's being called weak because she's indeed weak.

If she's weak then she can't protect her friends. Baka siya pa ang protektahan ng mga ito. Mas bumigat ang pakiramdam niya.

Bakit kahit ngayon ay napakahina niya pa rin? Bakit hindi niya maipatumba ang kalaban niya? Ilang suntok at sipa na ang binitawan niya pero parang wala lang 'to sa kalaban niya. Is she that weak? Na kahit anong lakas pa ng suntok niya ay hindi man lang natitinag ang kalaban niya?

Aria's strong determination slowly fades. Wala na ba talagang pag-asa? She asked herself.

She looked at the timer again. 8 minutes left. She can't fail this test. Mabe-behind siya kapag ganon. She needs to do something. Marami pa siyang kailangan gawin.

No, she can't fail this.

"I won't fail this."

She stood up and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes slowly. Kaya mo 'yan, Aria. You can do this.

She didn't charge a punch nor kick. She just stood there up and waited for her enemy to attack.

"What is she doing?"

"Is she finally giving up?"

"Kawawa naman siya."

Her breath hitched and forced herself to calm. No, hindi ka kawawa. You're not weak and you will win this battle. Nagsimula ng umatake ang kalaban niya. And all she did was to dodge it.

Not yet, Aria. Not yet.

Sinalag niya ang mga malalakas na suntok at sipa. The girl jumped and was about to kick her face when she was able to hold her legs and throw her.

Ang akala ng lahat ay mapapatumba na ni Aria ang kalaban dahil doon. But no, the enemy did a back flip and stood up steadily. Kaagad na naman itong sumugod.

No, not yet Aria.

Umiwas siya at tumingin sa orasan. 4 minutes. Tumakbo siya at tumingin sa paligid. She bend her body backward when her enemy kicked her. She jumped when the lady slid her feet on the ground. Ilang ulit itong inulit ng kalaban niya. And all she did was to avoid it.

1 minute.

Punch. Dodge.

Kick. Dodge.

Punch. Kick.

30 seconds...

20 seconds...

She saw her enemy panting after the stunts she did simultaneously. Now!

She punched the girl's face and kicked her neck. She dodged the attack her enemy was about to charge and hit her using her elbow. Napaatras naman ang kalaban niya. An opening! She jumped and kicked the girl's face at sumakay sa leeg nito. She put some weight on her and wiggled on the girl's neck and shoulder causing her to fall.

Kasabay ng pagbagsak ng babae ay siya ring pagtunog ng malakas na dagundong, hudyat na ang oras ay tapos na.

"Aria Kim passed!"

The audience jumped out of their seats and shouted in joy, shock, and amaze. They thought that Aria wouldn't make it. But she did.

"Aria! Aria! Aria!" the audience chanted.