Seven-Like Bruce Willis from Sixth Sense

Seven

Like Bruce Willis from Sixth Sense

I woke up to familiar pink, blue, and green bedcovers draped around me. My head was doing a gong noise as I tried to position myself upright. I quickly gave up on the idea as I observed that my surrounding was blurry and making me slightly queasy.

I couldn't remember much at first after hitting the bar at Anderson's party so the first thing I did was grab for my phone which was still in the back of my jean pocket, hoping that it could refresh my brain. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Forty-five Missed Calls with thirty voicemails.

Twenty-five were from my mom and the rest were from Alex. I also saw that she left me a string of text messages.

Alex: Hey wru? (at 10:38pm)

Alex: Hey where did you go? Izzi says you left out of the room. We have been looking everywhere for you! (at 10:55pm)

Alex: Are you okay? We're getting really worried. (at 11:01pm)

Alex: I've been calling you!!!! Please call me back as soon as you get this! (at 12:40am)

Alex: Okay your mom hmu on FB and I had to explain and she is going bananas. Please respond as soon as you can please! (at 2:32am)

Alex: She's about to go file a missing report at the station. (at 2:55am)

Alex: Okay she said she found you passed out on the steps of your house. Whew! How the hell did you get home? Please call me or text me whenever you wake up!!! (at 3:08am)

That's the million-dollar question. How did I get home when home was almost an hour away from Anderson's party? I slowly tried to get up this time, pushing every ounce of energy I had in me into my back to lift me up. I leaned my back against the headboard realizing this was about as good as it was going to get, my head resting on the top of it. If I moved any more than this, I would have puked all over my bed.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember how the hell I got this hungover. There was Anderson's party which was more like some college frat party you only see on the big screen, the bar that seemed like a dream come true..and oh yeah...absinthe/champagne mix.

I reached for the glass of water on my nightstand, glad to have something to replenish my suddenly dry mouth. There was also some aspirin with a note below it that read: Hope you had a good time because it will be the last time for a while!

Fuck!

Suddenly there was a knock on the door as I took the aspirin into my mouth.

"You can come in."

She opened the door and rushed to my side.

"Are you okay?" She put her hand to my forehead.

Not the reaction I thought she was going to have.