Seventeen-Infamous Mother

Seventeen

Infamous Mother

Things got stranger or normal-er depending on how you looked at it. The visions stopped along with Tyler's presence. He didn't come back for several weeks and now I was really starting to think that maybe it really had been all in my head, which should have made me feel better, but it actually only made me feel worse.

I contemplated what the gypsy meant by "I was in grave danger." I even went back to the pier to find out what she meant but her shop was closed, a note displayed on the door: Closed until after Easter for religious reasons. Just great.

I also noticed that the hickey was fading and by the first week in February it had totally disappeared, but the chill was still there and travelling across my neck and down onto my shoulders which matched my mood which seemed more and more somber the more Tyler wasn't here.

At least when he was around, I didn't feel this intense emptiness inside me. I would spend at least once a week doing the candy striper job just to visit Taylor aka mummy boy who I had oddly become attached to. I guess I was hoping that maybe he would wake up and maybe possibly I could see his face. There was something about him that I couldn't quite explain but I felt a connection to him. When I wasn't there, the aching emptiness returned.

Alex and the rest of the gang were great and helped in distracting me from Tyler, but I couldn't seem to shake the sadness that grew everyday he wasn't there. It got so bad that Alex started to pick up on it.

"Hey are you okay? You have been kind of distant lately." Alex retorted as we studied for our upcoming Physics exam at her house.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well V-day aka shit day is coming up and I know for me it makes me want to shoot myself in the face every year it comes up."

My eyebrows raised. That was very hard to believe considering how far up Alex was on the hotness scale. When I observed her at school, there wasn't a guy who didn't quake at the sight of her or give long glances her way.

"What why? You seem like you would have no trouble with getting a Valentine's or two."

"Yeah from every guy I don't want a Valentine's from."

Now my curiosity was really piqued, and I could finally find something to obsess over besides my looming loneliness. I closed my Physics book as we weren't really getting anywhere with it anyways.

"Who do you want a Valentine's from?"

Alex turned over the page dreamily with a sigh before responding, "He doesn't really go to our school."

"Where does he go?" My eyebrows now raised even higher.

"He's actually in college at Cambridge."

Now this was the hot goss I needed in my life to revitalize me!

"British! Woah, aren't we posh? What's his name?"

"Ian and he's actually Scottish. We met last summer while I was doing charity work in India. He was studying abroad there."

"How old is this, Ian? He sounds pretty yummy."

"He is and he's 21." Alex whipped out her iPhone 11 Pro (which wasn't even supposed to be out yet) and showed me a pic of him. He was absolutely stunning with his short reddish-brown hair and freckles. He looked like a cross between Harry Styles and Liam Hemsworth with red hair. "I turned 18 back in September so it's legal but we haven't even gone out on a proper date yet."