Three-The First Day of School Always Sucks

Three

The First Day of School Always Sucks

The first day of school sucked as it usually does, but not in the way most might think. I ended up breaking most of my rules in the first few hours of school and it all started with him.

Here's a list of my rules when moving to a new place that I somehow managed to screw up in a matter of minutes:

Now we can go back to our regularly scheduled program aka the story at hand:

"Cherry

Tells me some things I don't want to know

And I can't see

A light at the end for us anymore..."

I lashed out on my alarm clock radio until it made a loud thud on the floor. Damn, I hoped I didn't break the thing. It would be the third pair this year. I quickly realized it was safe because the Chromatics still crooned below me. I looked down to see it managed to hit the edge of the rug and not the floorboard. Thank goodness!

I scrambled out of bed, picked up my alarm clock and sat it back on the nightstand before scurrying into the shower.

Now that I had spent a week without having to get up 9am eastern time which is 6am pacific time, I found it hard to even get up 9am eastern time which again was 6am here. I have never been a morning person. I was a night owl and wished there were some high schools that could be taught at night instead of during the day like grad school.

Regardless though, going from waking at 6am eastern time to 9am eastern time was one of the major highlights of living in LA. It wasn't as bad especially in the afternoons which was basically evenings for us.

And all weekend long there were no ghostly sightings (not that I believe in such things) or hot guy next door sightings or dreams. It was peaceful. Well that was until this morning.