Nineteen-Can I Watch?

Nineteen

Can I Watch?

"Sounds like he's being hot and cold like every other teenage boy I've ever known," Alex exclaimed the next night after I told her what happened with Tyler. We were "studying" for the Physics exam again while making commentary on all the boys at Alexander Hamilton and talking about my ghostuationship simultaneously.

"Yeah, but it's definitely more than that. He said he visited a somewhat hell dimension and he has seemed a bit different ever since."

"So that really does exist? Fuck I'm screwed."

"Same here."

Tyler suddenly popped into the room, and I almost choked on my bubblegum. Alex continued to look at me as if he didn't just crash into the room.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked as I tried hard to compose myself.

"Yeah."

"So have you guys done the deed yet?"

This made me swallow my gum.

Tyler folded up his arms with a wicked grin on his face. "So she knows about me?"

"Yes." I answered to Tyler forgetting that Alex couldn't see or hear him.

"You have?" Alex exclaimed, getting to her feet at once and coming over to sit on the bed next to me.

"I mean no!" I said turning back to Alex.

"What are you looking at?" Alex asked turning in the direction Tyler was in.

"Nothing." I said, jumping to my feet and moving in front of Tyler.

"He's here isn't he?"

"Ah...yeah," I said moving out of the way and waving my hands his way. "Right here to be exact."

"Hi Tyler. It's nice to meet you. Wish I could actually see you." Alex said looking more up towards the ceiling than directly at him.

"Likewise." Tyler said jumping up to make fun of her.

"He says likewise and he doesn't float."

Alex looked down more to where he actually was and he just chuckled.

"Can he like do something, to let me know you're not totally pulling my leg?"

"I mean I'm not sure. The only thing he's ever done was push Luke out of the way. I'm not sure if he can do that again. It was like a big emotional ghost impulse thingy." I turned to him. "Can you?"

"I mean I've tried. I can't really manipulate objects around anyone but you."

"Maybe you could try please."

"What is he saying?"

"Okay I'll try."

"He says he's going to try."

"Okay great!"

Tyler tried to pick up my physics book from the bed that was propped next to Alex, but nothing happened.

"I can't."

"But you picked up my glass before."

"I told you it only works around you."

"Performance anxiety?" Alex teased.

Tyler sulked and tried again but it was no such luck.

"What if maybe I turn around. You think maybe that would work, Tyler?" Alex asked him.