Twenty-Seven The Wedding

Twenty-Seven 

The Wedding

Extravagant didn't begin to cover the best way to describe the wedding. It was held in a Cathedral, packed with at least over five hundred people. I came so late to the wedding that I almost didn't get entry into the church but a tall guy with reddish brown hair and freckles that seemed awfully familiar, held the door for me.

"Looks like we're the last ones in," he said with a Scottish accent.

That's when it dawned on me that this was Ian, Alex's beau.

"You must be Ian."

"Yeah, how'd you know?" He gave a puzzled look.

"Alex is my best friend. She's told me a lot about you."

"Oh so you're Anya?"

"Yep, the very one."

"She's told me a lot about you as well. Here you sit first." He gestured for me to take one of the last two seats in the Cathedral.

"It's so great that you are finally able to see her."

"Yeah, I really didn't think I was going to make it but lo and behold, I'm here."

Suddenly the music changed signaling for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to come down the aisle.

When Alex came down, she saw us immediately and waved. We waved back. She blew a kiss towards Ian and Ian blew one back.

The music changed again and this time it was time for us to all stand up for the bride. She looked pristine in her white A-line gown which had a split down the right side of it. It looked like it cost a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if it was from Vera Wang. Her hair was pinned up into tight curls with a few dropping to the side of her face under the veil. Her train was almost as long as the aisle itself which her little groomsmen held up who must have been nephews or cousins of hers or his.

"Whoa I've never been to a wedding before." Ian said, his voice sounding oddly different.

"If it makes you feel any better neither have I."

He turned to look at me and I noticed his eyes weren't the green I previously saw but now the familiar brown. I shook it off though thinking maybe I looked too fast and he actually had brown the whole time.

"You look beautiful."

"Um...thank you."

He whispered into my ear, "Very beautiful."

"Dude that's so not appropriate."

"It's me, Tyler."

"How the he---"

"I didn't want to materialize and risk not being able to stay long so I decided to crash another way."

"You really shouldn't be in his body especially right now."

"Oh come on, I know you missed me."

"That's not the point. You're invading in someone else's space and not only that but Alex's boyfriend which is just yuck."

"I didn't know who the guy was. I just wanted to be close to you, is that so wrong?"

"No, but you can't stay in his body."

"One dance and then I'll leave."

"Don't you think that would be kind of weird me dancing with Alex's boyfriend."

"Shhhhh." Someone in front of us said.

"We'll tell her it's me."

"This is not going to go over well."