Twenty-Eight The Usual Suspects

Twenty-Eight

The Usual Suspects

It didn't take me long to find Izzi and Brick who were outside of the Cathedral, smoking what smelled like grass.

"Are you guys insane?" I growled. "Its church."

"Hey it's not my church." Izzi shrugged.

"And my parents are Buddhists so..." Brick chimed in.

I took the blunt and took a puff. I needed it after the strange day I've had.

"So what is going on with you lately. It seems we haven't communicated in ages."

"We just talked in chemistry yesterday Iz."

"Yeah about the upcoming chem test and Mr. Ronaldo's bald head he keeps hiding with his obvious toupee."

"When is he going to just rock the bald?" Brick asked.

"Probably when we're long gone but I doubt he ever will. Some have said he's been rocking the toupee since he started. But back to you An, what have you been up to lately?" Izzi inquired.

"Nothing really."

Izzi flicked the blunt. "Yeah right. That hickey you were sporting a few weeks ago says otherwise."

Dammit. How did she see it? I thought Alex did a good job of covering it up but I guess not.

"Wait you had a hickey?"

"It was a bad bruise."

"Oh come on, An, who am I going to tell? Who is he or her?"

"He doesn't go to our school."

"Okay even more juicy. Will we get to officially meet this guy?"

"I don't know. He's kind of a bit of hermit."

"Okay we're not exactly Mr. and Mrs. Popular."

"Speak for yourself," Brick retorted. Izzi rolled her eyes.

"Well, I'm not that popular so it shouldn't bother him if I want to meet him right?"

"Hey, I'm not really a gossipy person so I could meet him too."

"Fine, but I'm not promising he'll show up."

"Great. Alex is having a party next Saturday. Bring him."

That was going to be quite a tall order. Materializing in front of my mom was already very taxing. Who knew how materializing in front of crowd of people would be. Not to mention they have already seen a photo of him in the newspaper. This could go all kinds of wrong.

*****

Later, Tyler and I were in another massive make out session that caused me to have another vision.

We were in my room. 

"Let's do it," I or rather Annie retorted.

"Are you sure?"

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

"Prom night it is."

"And your mom?" Annie asked him. 

"Is going into a facility in Sacramento."

"I can't believe we're going to run away."

"It's the only thing that makes sense. Bruno will be tracking us but once we reach Canada, it'll be safe for us."

They began kissing and that's when I jumped out of the vision. I breathed out, "These visions are getting much more intense. It's like I'm actually there."

"So they planned on running away. That definitely doesn't sound like a love gone bad."

"Let's keep going."

"Okay."

I took off his shirt and he took off my top. He began kissing me on my neck then down between my breasts and down to my navel. I could feel myself going into another vision the lower he got.

I couldn't make out this vision. The only thing I could see was something pointed at me. It was very blurry.

"What are you doing here and why are you doing this?" I felt myself asking but I couldn't make out what the other person was saying. It was like I was blocked off from seeing the person for some strange reason.

"Try harder," I heard Tyler saying but I couldn't, it was physically hurting me to push further.

I came out of the vision with hot liquid coming out down my nose.

"Crap, you're bleeding."

"That was the vision Tyler. We need to go back in."

"No not tonight. Not with you bleeding."

I pulled my shirt back on and stood up, taking a tissue to my nose. I started pacing back and forth.

"Whoever that was, wasn't someone she expected to be there. That much we know. So you really didn't kill her."

"But then who did?"

"It didn't sound like Bruno with the way she asked why are you doing this."

"Then we're back to square one."

"Not necessarily. We just have to find motive in the people closest to Annie."

"Like Donovan."

"Yes like Donovan. Could he have loved her so much until it led to her death?"

"Only one way to find out."