Thirty-Four-Apocalypse

Thirty-Four 

Apocalypse

"Hey Anya, what brings you by?" Alex asked.

"I don't have a lot of time. I have to tell you the truth."

"Which is?"

"Your parents were involved in the murders of Tyler and Annie."

"No way."

"I'm sorry but they were. Its all on the recording I gave to the Los Angeles Times. They are going to run the story and give a copy to the police."

"They killed them?"

"No they were just accomplices. Mrs. Benedict-Arnold was the murderer. She killed both of them. She would get the most time."

"Time? So they would still go to jail."

"Well they didn't stop it and they covered up the murder."

"I can't believe this. I knew my mom was evil but this evil. And my dad he could never do something like this."

"He didn't want to but was forced to by your mother. He would probably get the least time."

"I'm sorry but I can't believe this. You need to leave."

"But Alex..."

"Now."

I left feeling like I just lost a best friend.

"She'll eventually get over it and understand that you did the right thing." Tyler told me as we walked back to the uber. 

"She may never forgive me though."

"Maybe, maybe not but it had to be done."

"Anya, I'm starting to feel..." He said and started to disappear.

"Tyler." But he was gone.

I went back to the hospital and was greeted by an angry mother.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"There was something I had to do mom. I'm sorry."

"Are you crazy? You could have died."

"But I'm not dead. I'm fine."

She checked my temperature. "You're not fine. You're still cold. You are so grounded young lady. You won't see an outing with your friends for a long time."

"I think there won't be outings with friends for a while anyways."

It took a week before I got better. The doctors said it was a miraculous recovery. Throughout the week I hadn't seen or heard from Tyler. I wondered if he would be leaving permanently now that the truth was out. It didn't take them long to release the news of Donovan Carlson and Marissa Carlson being involved in the murders of Tyler and Annie. I saw on the news that they were arrested first followed by Mrs. Benedict-Arnold.

My mom was totally shocked. "I can't believe it. All this time it was them who killed those two. And your teacher was here. I feel icky that she was in this house."

"Well she won't ever be anywhere near this house again," I said.

"Yes but we had a murderer in our home. The very murderer who had been in this home and killed those poor kids years ago."

"Yeah it's very shocking mom."

******

"Can you believe what the news is saying about Alex's parents?" Izzi asked me at lunch.

Alex hadn't been to school since the news was released. 

"No, it was very shocking when I found out the news." I said honestly. It had been shocking when I found out the truth in the vision, but my mind was far from that now. I hadn't seen Tyler in almost two weeks. I was starting to think he was gone for good, which scared me.

Later I finally saw Tyler but he looked different. He looked almost alive. We were standing in the living room.

"Where have you been?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry but it's almost time."

"Time for what?"

"For me to go."

"No please don't say that."

"Anya you knew this day would come."

"Yes but I didn't think it would be this soon."

"I have something I want to do before I go."

He went to the speakers and turned on a song. It was "Apocalypse" by Cigarettes After Sex. He grabbed me and we started swaying to the music. He pulled me in close and put his head on mine.

"I wanted to say thank you for everything."

"You don't have to thank me. If anything, I should be thanking you. You made me believe in love," I sobbed.

"Don't cry for I'll always be here," he said pointing to my heart. "And I'll always be around somewhere. You won't be able to get rid of me that easily."

Finally he kissed me. "I love you Anya."

"I love you too," I cried out. I couldn't help but start to cry.

He turned me around and around and around until he was gone.

I began to cry even more.