Epilogue

Epilogue

Even after graduation, my mom kept me grounded. Alex didn't speak to me again which I understood. I had shook her whole life up. I couldn't blame her for how she felt. Izzi and Brick didn't understand our distance but they didn't question it either. It was an unspoken thing where they knew something happened but didn't bother trying to figure out what.

Not seeing Tyler was hard at first and sometimes it still is but everyday has gotten easier. My mom keeping me busy with candy striping was my punishment. So I didn't even get to go to the senior year bash. I honestly didn't even want to go. Izzi and Brick were bummed out about it but didn't want to test my mother's wrath.

I told her that Tyler wouldn't be coming around anymore. That we broke up which was the easiest way to explain his disappearance. 

One day, I decided to see the boy who had been in a tragic accident over the holidays. I think his name was Taylor. When I went to his room. It was empty.

"Looking for someone," a familiar voice said.

I turned to see it was Tyler.

"Tyler?"

"Not exactly, it's Taylor."

"I'm sorry you just look so much like a friend of mine."

"Was he here," he asked.

"No, I was actually coming to check up on you. I was for a while coming here a lot to make sure you were okay," I said.

"The nurse told me I had a guardian angel in the form of a candy stripper looking after me. I presume that's you."

"I guess so."

"Well I want to thank you for looking after me."

"It was no problem."

"Well I better get going. My parents are outside waiting for me."

"Wait you go to Stanford, right?"

"Yes I do."

"I'll be going there in the Fall, maybe I'll see you around."

"Yeah maybe so."

He turned back around. "I know this might seem a bit forward of me but why don't we exchange numbers. Maybe I can show you around sometime."

"No it's not forward at all." I gave him my number and he gave me his.

"Well it was nice meeting you..."

"Anya." I answered with a smile thinking that maybe this is what Tyler meant by he would still be around somewhere. 

"Anya." He smiled.