Twenty-Four Need You Tonight

Twenty-Four 

Need You Tonight

When I arrived at the boardwalk, Tyler suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"You have got to stop doing that."

"Sorry."

"How did you know I was here?" I spouted.

"I don't know. I can sense you more and more now. It's becoming a lot easier." He shrugged.

"Well come with a bell next time, geez."

"What are you up to?"

He fell in line with me.

"Going to the fortune teller. She said that I was in grave danger last time and I want to know what she meant by that."

"Fortune tellers aren't the best at directness or sincerity for that matter."

"I believed her especially considering the fact that I'm talking to a ghost."

When we got to the shop, it still said closed.

"Now what?"

"Maybe we can..." I trailed off suggestively. "You know to find out more about what happened of course."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan." He smirked, nudging me cheekily.

"But first I have to meet up with Alex to find a dress for Alex's brother's wedding unless you want to hang out with me in a mall all day."

"No thank you."

*****

"So how are you and ghost boy?" Alex asked as I held up a teal blue dress in front of the mirror.

Several customers looked our way.

"Alex not so loud." I hushed. "We're fine and making progress."

"I'm sure in more ways than one." Her eyebrows went up suggestively.

"You're supposed to be helping me find a dress."

"We can multitask, and that color looks great on you by the way," Alex retorted.

"Really?"

"Yes, I think if you want it, you should definitely get it."

I looked down at the price tag. $499. No way was I going to be able to afford this. Not even a third of the dress could I afford.

"Yeah, no way."

"What's wrong?" Alex questioned, examining the dress as if there might be something defective on it.

I shoved the price tag in her face.

"I would have to work three jobs just to pay half of this off. It's way too expensive."

She laughed, "Let me buy it for you silly."

"No way. This is too much."

"I won't take no for an answer."

"It just feels so wrong."

"An, I'm rich. Money is no object in my family. Just enjoy the dress. Besides it's a thank you for coming to the wedding."

"I would have come without this."

"Yes, but you want to be the envy at the wedding."

"Isn't your sister-in-law to be supposed to be the envy at the wedding."

"That's a bridesmaid thing. You won't be a bridesmaid so you can come as hot as you like. I unfortunately have to endure ruffles."

"I'm sure the dress isn't that bad."