Eight-What the hell was that?

Eight

What the hell was that?

To say school was a bitch is the understatement of the century. People were staring at me when I arrived at school and as I approached my locker. The girls mostly looked at me in disgust and the guys gave me dirty looking smirks as if they had x-ray vision and could see what was under my clothes.

Still that was nothing compared to the throbbing pain I felt in my temple. The aspirin didn't do anything. This was perhaps more punishment than not being able to go to another party to score booze. All I wanted to do was sleep.

Someone suddenly yanked me into the girl's bathroom.

It was Alex.

"What happened to you last night?"

"I honestly don't remember anything after the bar."

"Well I'm glad you're okay." She hugged me. "Do you know how you got home? Your mom told me she found you sprawled out on the porch."

"Not in the slightest," I said scratching my head.

I couldn't exactly tell her a ghost boy possessed my body and brought me home especially when I didn't even know how true that was.

"Well one thing is for sure, you couldn't have walked all the way home. Anderson's house is up in the hills."

"Yeah that would be insane," I said, finding myself suddenly unable to contain my nervous laughter.

Alex laughed along with me not really knowing why I was laughing so hard.

"How bad was the verdict?"

"Definitely no more parties before I graduate."

"Oh, I wouldn't say that. Give it time but I can work my magic on your mom."

"How?"

"Izzi's father is in the military and is the G.I. Joe type all the way. She came home so plastered a few weeks into school last semester from one of Anderson's big bashes and she broke an antique of his worth thousands. He was so furious, I thought he might have hauled her off to military school, but when I talked to him, he let her off easy and now she can go out whenever she wants again."

"How did you do that?"

"I have my ways with parents."

"Well I probably won't go to another party for a while especially after what happened with Luke."

"I thought you said you didn't remember anything after the bar?"

"I didn't until just now, but I remember him being on top of me and me telling him to get off."

"Well I'm glad you brought it up because he's been telling people that you guys smashed."

"Oh my God that little fucking prick!"