The Arcanian Empire? Pretty Cool

Chapter 80

I was walking through the city of Katze, the new capital city in disguise. Regarding my disguise...I can say it was perfect. I made myself look like a short blond elf girl in normal towns-girl clothing. My Kyuubi fruit gave me the ability to perfectly disguise myself like this. I doubted anyone would be able to notice, my guardians included unless they were deliberately looking for me.

In times like this, I really did enjoy being Emperor. I immediately approved of my own citizenship as 'Liliana Moon' on the new identity card and walked straight out into the bustling city.

While in population, it was not the largest city as 2 years was nowhere enough time for people to come rushing in; however, it was the city of merchants, rich people, and refugees who came here looking for a new life. Like a Socialist Government would approve, we seized the assets of the former Nobles of the Kingdom and used that as funds to get the needy back into shape. Housing, education, and food taken care of for a specific amount of time until they got themselves a stable life. This offer, made known to every corner of the world, was the main reason of why it was the fastest growing city in the world.

In terms of pure size, Katze was easily the largest city....ever. The construction was not even half done in truth. The city square and mini-palace (where the officials of the Empire met for formality) as well as the numerous government buildings were built smack in the middle, towering over everything else. Right outside the first ring was the next important things, public facilities. Public Schools, one for higher education, Clinic, Central Bank and the Peacekeeper's Head of Base was located in the second ring, available to everyone. Finally, starting from the third general ring did less formal things start to pop up, like big malls, stalls, restaurants, and more. When we planned to design of the city, I tried to mix as many species as possible and get them to live together but I realized that would be nearly impossible simply due to the size, shape, and needs of each species.

Of course, if they were rich enough, a private construction company would be more than willing to modify their homes so it matched their needs but the government, or us, did not have that luxury. We measured in buildings and districts, not floors or houses.

Generally, over three quarters of the city was filled with humanoids of various sizes while the remaining quarter was filled with different and often times unique heteromorphs who came in all shapes and forms. Still, we kept the two types as close together as possible and absolutely forbid them from forming some sort of union in order to ensure that they would integrate peacefully into the city...not that anyone was stupid enough to cause problems under the watchful eyes of a Valhallan Warrior, or worse a Death Knight.

The city was still expanding...fast. Land was being purified and cleansed of miasma which was the main concern of the Katze Plains for so long, and then people began to move in. With us handing out free shelter and benefits...people rushed to the place like moths to flame. We had plenty of funds to work with so I wasn't really worried about how we were pouring gold to start up the wheel.

If we ever needed more in any case... I fiddled my fingers in my pocket as a platinum coin formed...perfectly forged and enchanted, just like the currency used in the Empire.

I was walking down one of the side streets through the city, nearing the resident area. I knew it would nowhere be as good as Zeff's cooking but I was a firm believer in trying the local food. What type of Emperor would I be if I don't know the taste of my own nations' food?

I marched into a pretty big establishment which seemed to have a bit of a line and waited for a bit until I was let in.

Waiter: Hello Lovely Lady, how may we help you today? Are you here to dine alone?

Me: Yes. Just a table for one please.

Waiter: Of course, please follow me.

I just ordered the dish on their main page, which usually meant it was their pride dish, and looked around the place. It wasn't bad. The place was mostly built with bricks and wooden pillars but lined with some rarer stones to give it a high-class feel. On top of that, the staff here seemed especially well trained. The guy must understand business for sure, maybe a side business of a wealthy merchant?

I looked around and saw that there were too few windows to keep the place lit, and yet the place was bright.

Me: So 'continuous light' or at least an inferior version of it... hmm

While the situation was getting better, hiring a mage for trivial tasks like this was still expensive for a normal person. The fact that a restraint, even if it was on the better side, was doing this meant either that more and more people were having access to magic or that the sheer amount of customers and people in the city allowed the owner to purchase small luxuries like this for his business.

Me: Food's alright.

To be honest, I had no idea what I was eating. It seemed overly complicated which just proved it wasn't a true Katze-Plains dish, which should be similar to E-Rantel's. People here were generally tough in nature and adventurous as they used to be right next to the ever dangerous Undead spawning plains. But this dish seemed way too French (and that means complicated) to be any sort of simple Adventurer's level of simple cooking.

That didn't mean it didn't taste good though. While it was nowhere near Zeff or his apprentice's level, it was still much better than most human cooked dishes.

I finished eating, paid extra and left the place before I continued to roam the streets mindlessly.

As I looked around, I was reminded that this was the second time I built a country such a short amount of time. Both times aimed at beating the existing systems and creating a Utopia of some kind.

Me: I guess I'm coming into this world with experience I guess.

Except this time, there really wasn't much of a threat like last time. The New World part of the Grand Line still held the 3 Emperor's lands whom rivaled us in pure power (though all of them were missing at least 99% of their brain cells I'm sure) as well as the World Government to consider which could be considered the root of corruption.

Here in this New World, things were much different. The largest thing we had to a rival were the Dragon Lords but they were the first things we knocked off our list. World Items which would have been a threat were nothing more than sponges against us now and even then we took extra precaution before we arrived to remove them from the enemy's hands beforehand.

Me: Smooth sailing if I say so myself.

Despite this, if there was a single lesson I had learned from my blind father, it would be to never underestimate my enemy.

Fujitora: Blind, I am. Yet am I weak? No. Never underestimate your enemy. You are only allowed show your arrogance once they no longer a threat.

My first father figure...and honestly I was glad that my father in the previous world (world of 2138) did not choose to blind himself like the previous one did. It really did break my heart as I remembered what he did that day...blood dripping down on the grass as he vowed to never to see injustice through his eyes again. But that came at a price too...he later on regretted never being able to see his daughters faces.

Still, I guess I should take his word for it.

When nobody was looking, and I knew nobody was looking thanks to my observation, I warped into a small deserted alleyway in the Holy Kingdom.

Already, I could tell the difference. Just from the atmosphere and the emotions people were emitting. Unlike the Empire where every corner was bustling with life, money, joy and hope, the Holy Kingdom reminded me of Wano...an isolated hell where people were meant to not know.

Me: Wonder what I'll find here...

I summoned an inconspicuous brown adventurer's cloak out of my inventory, changed my ears a bit to look like a humans' before walking out into the street.