The Emperor Part 2

Chapter 53

POV Jircniv

Sengoku: Now your majesty. We hope you would wait here patiently. Our rulers are getting prepared.

Me: Is that so?

I narrowed my eyes. We were right in front of the temple and yet we couldn't be welcomed inside? Clearly these Queens did not have a hospitable personality...despite this, we couldn't do much.

I could feel the anger of the Royal guards behind me boiling out but they knew that they couldn't make a move carelessly. After all, it was just a thought that had killed so many of them instantly. Even if that move was a once in a lifetime thing, did we really want to put that to the test?

Me: Then, we shall return to our carriages and await him therein

To make me, an emperor, wait like this. Quite the attitude

Sengoku: Since the delay originated from our side, we would be poor hosts and in defiance of Sovereign-sama's commands if we did not extend every courtesy to you in compensation.

Sovereign? Is that her name? But perhaps they are not completely blind. Let us see what they have prepared for us.

Sengoku: We are in the process of preparing it. To begin with, the weather does not look very welcoming. Let us change that.

Wait what?

Just as he said that, he raised his hand in which it turned gold. As he pointed a single finger to the sky, the cloudy weather began to change.

Fluder: What do you... ? Uooooh!

I was not the only one gasping in surprise. The magic casters, royal guards, Baziwood, Leinas, even Fluder, all of them could not help but exclaim in wonder.

The dark clouds above them began to move slowly.

Within moments, they had vanished without a trace, as though some invisible giant had scattered them with his hands. The hippogriff riders in the air were thrown into confusion, which was something those on the ground could empathize with.

Baziwood: Why does it feel... warmer...?

Roune: You too? You mean I'm not mistaken?

As I heard the quiet exchanges between his people, I shucked off my cloak, which dispelled the magic which maintained the temperature of my body. Just then―

Roune: Yo-Your Majesty!

Roune exclaimed at my sudden disrobing, but the I did not answer his subordinate.

Me: Fu... fuha... fuhahaha. What is this... what on earth is this? Gramps! What's going on?!

By this time, I had abandoned my calm and looked to Fluder with a twisted expression on my face. If there was such a difference in power with their butler, then what choice did we have?

Sengoku: I believe that should have refreshed you somewhat. Then, let us begin the next phase.

Clearly ignoring us, he called out to his maids and signaled something from the temple.

I wanted to say 'Don't shake my heart anymore' but they wouldn't listen. No...I couldn't open my mouth.

As Sengoku clapped his hands, the doors of the temple opened revealing...

Sengoku: Death Knights and Spirit Warriors of Valhalla

Apprentice: Impossible! That's―!!

Apprentice 2: Un-unbelievable! This is impossible!