From Behind the Curtains

Chapter 36

POV Emperor Cassar of the Baharuth Empire

Count: Your Majesty! The people are rioting in the streets! They are demanding the death of nobles and all of the Royalty!

Me: Stop them! Send the knights! Send the knights to suppress the rebellion!

Knight: Your majesty, the second Imperial Knight Order composed of commoners have declared that they will no longer obey your Majesty's order.

Me: Traitors!!! Why? Why now of all times?

Count: Your Majesty, somehow the misdeeds of the noble houses and the inside conflict of the Royalty and Noble factions have been recorded and spread out and released towards the commoners!

Shit! But how?! Both factions knew to keep this a secret from the commoners. That would only lead to the destruction of both sides!

Me: Minister! Give me a plan! We can't leave things like this.

Minister: Your majesty. You must win back the heart of the people by uniting them against a common enemy.

Me: What are you suggesting?

Minister: Your first Imperial Knights have been donned in new armor and arms. How about we showcase that against the forces of the Kingdom? But first we must spread a rumor that all this is false information forged by the Kingdom to create distrust against one another.

That...was a pretty good plan. Did he really think of this himself? Nonetheless, we are trapped. This is all we can do.

Me: In the days f my Grandfather, E-Rantel was a city belonging to the glorious Baharuth Empire! Declare war on the Kingdom to re-take the city! Begin building a fort to prepare for a long term war!

Knight, Count, Minister: Yes, Your Majesty!

A plan is set...now all we need to do is make sure it goes smoothly...but why do I feel as if I am walking into a trap?

POV King Ramposa II, Re-Estize Kingdom

Marquis: Your Majesty! The Empire has declared war on us! They said they will attack E-Rantel. They demand our surrender and peacefully hand over the city or it will be war!