The Emperor Part 4

Chapter 55

Kara: Rise warrior, rise from Valhalla and serve me.

As she said that, a green transparent ooze formulated around the head before...

Me: No...impossible!

Standing there was a Valhallan Warrior. As it's eyes twinkled as it knelt before Kara-sama, I realized that this was no Death Knight. It held intelligence and memories of it's past life.

Kara: Tell me warrior, who ordered you to send intruders into my home. Was it on your own will or was it perhaps someone else.

The tall green warrior which resembled nothing like the Earl I knew opened his mouth. The voice from him was deep and resonating throughout the room. It was humanlike, but sent chills into my bones when I heard what he said.

Earl: I was ordered by the Emperor to send Workers into the Haven.

Kara; Emperor, you say? Could it be the emperor standing over there?

Earl: I have no doubt. He had made sure that no one else but myself would be able to track this down.

No please! If there is any sense in you left, I beg of you to stay quiet!

Kara: I see. Then that will be all, go join the rest.

As the warrior left, Kara-sama threw the head at the ugliest thing I had mentioned before. The giant demon like thing.

Kara: Death Knight

Moria: Of course Kara-sama...'Create Death Knight'

A black ooze covered the head before he dropped it. In it's place was... a Death Knight.

As one, everyone behind me inhaled sharply in surprise yet again

Fluder: Im... possible...

They created it. The Sengoku's words were true. I desperately wanted to bite his lip but forced myself not to. I could not do such a shameful thing in public.

Moria: Go. Get in line.

With a deep groan that seemed to come from somewhere far beneath the earth, the Death Knight obediently descended the stairs and vanished from my field of vision.

How many more of these Death Knights can he still make? Or the Warriors? Don't tell me... an unlimited number, as long as they have corpses? No, that's just ridiculous ― wait, before that, can they make even more powerful undead or other minions? If they really could make such creatures...

Kara: Then, Jircniv Rune Farlord El-Nix

Her quiet voice brought me back to my senses, and I smiled easily to her. It was not easy to do so.

Me: Ah, Kara-sama. Please call me Jircniv. Aside from that...there must be some sort of misunderstanding. The Earl was a fool. I had planned to get rid of him for his foolishness to begin with!

Even as I said it, it sounded ridiculous. I came up with it on the spot. This was not how the meeting was planned for me. Never would I have expected that she would create one of those monsters and force them to speak! No...is the Empire done for?

Diana: Is that so? Fine, we accept. I will consider the matter of that noble's invasion of Vanir settled. Then, that is all. Although I have made you come a long way, you are now free to leave.

What?

Me: Ah, forgive me. I fear I may have misheard your words. Could I trouble you to speak them to me once more?