Casus Belli

Chapter 49

POV Zesshi

Guard 231: Arghhh!!!

As I killed the last of them, I turned to my people. My fellow people who have suffered for so long.

Me: Form a line! I shall break your chains! Help those who cannot walk!

Behind me I saw Kuma taking out rows and rows of food from somewhere.

Me: You can eat after I have broken your chains. So for now, line up!

They obeyed as they cheered. They were free! Many of them were already broken willed, from all the breaking those damn traitors did...but this was a step. They will recover with time. After all, the lifespan of an elf is long.

Kuma: You did good. We'll arm them and send them to the next camp before heading to Crescent Lake

POV Jircniv

The Bloody Emperor, The peerless ruler of the Empire, that is who I am...yet, why do I feel so worthless in front of these two?

An hour ago...

Minster: Your Majesty! The public is in chaos! There are Dragons heading straight for the Imperial Palace!

Me: Dragons?!

Why Dragons? Could we have done something wrong to anger them? Could someone from the empire have accidentally killed their descendants? No...Dragons don't usually care for their children.

Perhaps it is better that they are dragons and not some mindless beasts. Dragons might be arrogant but they can at least be negotiated with. If things take a wrong turn, we have Fluder-dono to protect us.

Me: How many?

Minster: We have sights on 5 Dragons sir! All of them Golden except for the front and center. It is completely black!

Me: Is it the Obsidian Dragon Lord?

Minister: No your Majesty...they don't have the skin of a Dragon Lord. They seem like...beasts?

Crap...this could be bad.

*THUD* *THUD* *THUD*

The 5 Dragons Landed in the middle of the Imperial Palace's Square. Direct and middle and right in front of where my balcony was.

Then suddenly, two figures jumped off of the Black Dragon and calmly walked as they faced the hundreds of Knights and Magic Casters.

One was an enormous man. About 3 Meters tall but slender. He wore the loudest clothes I have ever seen with a Pink feathered garb that had a Black and Gold Scale sign on the back. He had messy blond hair and a smile that looked crazed...I couldn't see his eyes due to his strangely shaded glasses.

The other was single-handedly the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. In a one piece (haha, get it?) dress I had never seen before, fitting tightly across her body.

Then, the man opened his mouth and spoke with the voice befitting a conqueror.

Man: The Emperor has sent Workers to the Grand Haven of Vanir, home of the Supreme beings. Our rulers demand an apology from the Emperor himself or this will spell the end of the Empire. Consider this a warning.

Then without another word, he spread his arms and suddenly the worst pain I had ever felt assaulted my mind. I lunged for my medallion and put it on my head as the pain subsided and my vision returned. I didn't notice that I was going unconscious.