Understanding

Chapter 42

Times like these were rare when sis and I were actually separated. She was busy doing her work as the guild master...although there really wasn't much. So it ended in a bit of procrastination and it needed to be done.

She left me so I could take a nap but I would rather prefer sleeping on her lap in my fox form. Seriously, people who have never been a fox have no idea how comfortable that is.

Ever since we've become 'Immortals', the questions of 'Authority' or 'getting stronger' were the main things we've asked ourselves with no clear answer. Killing others for no reason other than experience would no longer allow us to become stronger. According to ?? we needed to truly understand the foundational laws of the Universe and somehow connect that to our 'authority' to strengthen it.

While we are Universally stronger than most Immortals out there, I think I understand why almost all of them never grow in strength. Due to their superiority, they would imagine they would be better forever, with no need for ever training or really thinking outside of the box. It would be those like us or a very small amount of Immortals that would strive to improve upon themselves.

I decided to start with the most basic of power...mana.

I activated both my rinnegan and Observational haki and searched for the mana within myself. As this was something I was unable to do in the game, mana was still something outside our range of understanding, unlike haki.

Mana was such a strange concept. Anyone in the game could do almost anything with mana. It was as if Mana was what allowed all the bullshit in the game...which is probably true. It broke so many natural laws that I assumed it was its own law in physical and tangible form.

Mana in ourselves is like a concept, but it exists in real form. I could feel it continuously piling up within myself as I am absorbing mana from my surroundings...but how? It's not like I'm separating mana from the nitrogen in the air...but rather I'm absorbing anything and it is converted into mana.

When I conjure a table or a fortress with a spell, the mass comes out from nothing. The mass is not converted or taken from somewhere...but rather it was 'created'. But then what about energy? Could it 'destory' or 'create' energy? Since I am quite literally also a 'source' of mana, yes. In order to keep the balance, I know ways that is close enough to 'destroying' mana. Neutralizing it to nothing; Quite like matter and anti-matter but without the light explosion.

I opened my hands and created a ball of ice with mana (and not my devil fruit). I felt mana from me change and transform into Ice. The mana came from me as a source.

Next, I gathered mana from the air around me and brought them into me. I then kept them separated and tried to do the same spell. The mana from the air which was now in me transformed and formed a ball of ice.

But why does it have to be from 'in' me? Who decided that? I felt no change when mana entered me or when it was it was on its own in the air. Then why did I need to 'recharge' my mana at all?

I tried changing the mana outside of me into ice...and as expected it was impossible...or at least it should be. I felt resistance, but not something that would be impossible. After all, I was no longer a player. That mindset I've have for over 12 years was deeply embedded in me. It was something the World Tree made impossible. A fundamental law that would be stupid to even try to attempt such a thing. If it was possible, then everybody would have infinite mana. But I was no longer bounded by such things. My physical body no needed to be held together by laws of the Universe but rather just how I want it to.

I used my observation to the maximum into the objects around me, beyond it's form and chemical makeup but it's foundation and I found my answer.

Me: Everything is mana...

Everything was mana. Just in different form and performing different roles as the creator demanded it to.

I pushed against the feeble resistance and expanded the control of mana outside of my body. It felt as if I was climbing through a small hole, squeezing myself through something that was meant to keep me out.

Me: Nothing keeps me out!

*shatter*

An imaginary shattering sound sounded and suddenly the world felt clear. I saw the world for what it truly was. Mana, in different shapes and forms, but deep down the very same. Time flowed differently as if I was looking at it from a third perspective...and then I was back. My eye of Heimdall itched as it was forcefully activated to look beyond the dimension of time entirely for a bit. But I was sure now...I was stronger.

I raised my hand and sensed the clouds far above and outside the guild...and changed it to fire. I sensed a rat in the forest scurrying along and I changed it into a cat.

I did all this without using a single drop of my own.

Me: Holy shit...

I have stumbled across the Universal Constant of the world.

POV ??

Already? I guess that does sound like Kara

Most immortals never even try. The few that do don't look towards the simplest forms of energy but rather try and seek new ones rather than looking at the potential of their natural source of power.

Congratulations on your ascendence Kara, you can kick almost every Immortal's ass now. Still, emphasize on 'almost'.