The Battle of Carne

Chapter 72

POV Enri, Carne Village

Winter was usually horrible for villages, but that was not the case for Carne Village this year. Thanks to a specific ruler of a neighboring nation, the village had seen great growth in a short amount of time.

They had stone walls around the village which would make any city jealous...or at least the ones which weren't actually fortified cities. The walls were approximately 10 meters tall and two meters thick in length.

The summoned goblins (from 2 horns) gave the village 20 Elite Goblins who knew exactly how to protect an area and feed the people too.

Day after day they went into the Forest of Tob and hunted animals and monsters. Animal parts were shared between the people while the monster parts were stored up and then sold to traveling merchants or when someone will make their way to the city.

Often times, a mysterious man or woman claiming to be a servant of Kara or Diana-sama would come by and teach the village something new. While it was small, the change it made was tremendous.

In just a period of months, the crops grew faster, yielded more, and other things around the village became better. From what I've heard, Nfirea even managed to managed to recreate a purple version of 'Blood of God'. A potion that could heal any wound!

Even during these wonderful times, there were problems. A few weeks ago, there was a troll invasion who wanted to make use of our fort for their own. Of course, they never made it past the stone wall and enchanted gate which was designed exactly for this purpose. It was almost as if Kara-sama, who made it instantly with magic, knew that something of the size of a troll army would invade the village.

After that incident, the trolls and ogres of the Forest of Tob accepted me as their leader...without my consent. Due to that incident, I became known as 'General Enri' and the people in my village pushed me to become the new chief.

My parents full-heartedly supported me in this decision even though I didn't want to accept this responsibility. But thinking back on everything Kara-sama did for us, and especially giving my parents a new chance in life not to mention saving both myself and Nemu, I decided to accept the role as village chief.

Things were going quite smoothly until one day they arrived. I knew that the Arcanian Empire was going into war with the Kingdom but the people of the village didn't care. On the contrary, we hoped that the Empire would win so that we could officially become citizens of the Empire. Citizens under a queen whom actually cares for us, instead of some fools who didn't even know we exist.

While the Kingdom did exempt us from paying taxes for a few years in compensation for being unable to protect us from bandits, they never gave us even a single word of apology after our village was burned down. All the new buildings, facilities, tools, and even up to the smiles upon the people's faces were all thanks to Kara-sama.

But...some idiot just had to come along and ruin it all.

Barbro: Open up you commoners! If you do not open this gate in the next ten seconds, I will take this as rebellion against the Royal Family! This is just reason to kill you all!

Why...why did that fool need to come here to screw up everything?! The Royal family never cared for us so why couldn't they leave us alone?

Barbro: I know you have had connections with the Emperor of an enemy nation. You have helped her and colluded with her. Therefore, all people within the Carne Village are now labeled as rebels and will be executed! hahaha!!!

Suddenly, the flag of the Re-Estize as well as the emblem of the Royal Family seemed to look like...shit. I was mad. Mad as I could be. They've done nothing for us our entire lives and now that they think we've done something wrong they come here and decide they will kill us?