Maid at the Estate Part 1

Chapter 86

Me: You found the puppet?

Diana: I have a few candidates but I' not sure which one to pick...I mean should we go for greed or pride? Both are pretty easy to manipulate.

Me: Greed. Greed is so much easier once we removed Nobility. There's no one who's getting free money and women like they used to so it just makes that all the more desirable. Sure, people's lives are getting better but everyone's lives are getting better. There has to be a greedy genius out there somewhere.

2: My ladies. Exactly what talents are you looking for?

Me: A sweet talker, a womanizer. Someone very handsome. Find someone that can make women 'ooh and ahh'. A greedy one too, preferably with an insatiable libido and a great thirst for money.

2: ...and why exactly are we looking for such a man?

Me: We're going to throw him into the spotlight and turn him into a live advertisement where all the new technologies are going to be displayed. Ah...also make sure none of it is traceable. If he ever makes one mistake, he's done. But until then, he needs to act filthy rich, beautiful, and the typical image of an arrogant noble...when in reality he holds no power.

Diana: So what do we have?

Me: New types of house designs. We saved a plot of land in the middle of the city for something like this. We'll just make it scream out 'I'm Here and I'm fabulous' to every passerby. We also have new carriages, clothes, and everyday magic items that he will be required to wear. We'll do the same for the woman as well.

2: What about their reputation?

Me: Put some money into their surroundings. The wealthier the neighborhood, the brighter they perceive things for the time being. I don't care what happens after but don't lose that time frame.

2: As you wish.

Me: Also, I'm planning on buying a house down there.

3: !! Kara-sama! Are you displeased with anything in Society?! Please inform us so we can make immediate changes. Is it because of your lowly servants??!

Me: *sigh* Sis, where did we go wrong? Listen Third. I'm pretty sure we made you loyal but we also implanted the knowledge that all of you, every single one of you are crucial to Society. We created you so you're like our...well, children in a way. So no, it's not you. I'm doing this because first, I already have another identity that I can use. Secondly, it'll be easier to get into contact with other people like this. Besides, I can't even train that brat Morius anywhere inside the city so I thought it'd be easier if I do.

Diana: You do you, but if you're buying a house, then I'm joining as well.

Me: You got another identity as well?

Diana: Not yet, but I can easily make one.

Me: Sure, I'm just going to do that now.

4: Kara-sama! Diana-sama! Please allow us to make the preparations for the house!

Me: I'm tempted to say no...I feel like you guys are going to make a big deal out of this. You know my identity is nothing like a former noble or a big merchant right?

4: Of course not Kara-sama. We will keep in mind that it is important to keep things down to a minimum. Though it hurts to see someone of your grace and status choosing to live in a pig pen, we will follow your instructions.

Me: ...it's not that bad.

4: Nonsense Kara sama! For someone like you, even this world of the gods can barely hold you.