Clarity

The party felt like an even bigger torture after his conversation with her. He could not even consider the possibility of not seeing her anymore. His mobile battery gave up and she did not answer his calls, when he did call later. He was scared to find out the answer to his question.

He met all the guests his mum wanted him to and tried to be polite. He retreated into a quiet corner after when Zeynep found him.

"Did Deniz tell you anything? Is he seeing anyone?" His sister enquired him.

"I don't think so. Why?" He wanted to know the reason behind her sudden inquisitiveness.

"I think there is a possibility with Nazli. Look at these pictures." She was checking out some pictures that he posted recently. He recalled that Nazli was had an event to attend and it could be the reason for not answering his calls. His focus was only on her and the rest of the picture was blurred to him.

"They're just friends." He tried to put off Zeynep.

"I think Deniz should ask her out. Maybe I'll put the idea in his head. She seems perfect for him. Bulut will be delighted that she'll be family." His sister was adamant.

"Not possible... She's got a boyfriend." He put an end to her rant.

"Is it serious? I mean these days breakups occur easily." His sister was still not giving up.

"Yes, I've never been so sure." He walked away. He needed a drink and stopped a waiter to pick it when someone else tried to take it at the same time. He looked at the person in shock. It was Asuman, Nazli's sister. He had seen her pictures a couple of times. He tried to pretend that he was unaware of her identity though Asuman seemed to look at in a familiar way. He escaped from there.

xxx

Nazli tried to call him back when the call ended abruptly but it would not connect. She wondered if she gave him the wrong impression. All she wanted to tell him was not to leave her ever.

She was finally back home after the event. She had been restless since they last spoke. He had called her several times, but she missed them as it was silent during the event. Now, she is trying to reach him, but he was not responding. She had to talk to someone.

He spoke to the couple and congratulated them. Asuman congratulated the bride at the same time and looked at him. He tried to walk away when Asuman followed him.

"Tell me everything" She said as she closed the door and crossed her arms.

"Pardon??" He was unsure what she was referring to.

She handed him his mobile which was ringing, flashing Nazli's name and displaying a picture of him kissing her cheek, hugging her from behind. It must have fallen when he was trying to escape her.

"I would leave the details to Nazli. Let me just say we're seeing each other, and I think it's about time I propose her." He was quite intimidated by Asuman's angry look.

"Ah she's so dead... She kept denying it every time I asked her if she met you again. She told me everything about your stay the first time and then kept saying a friend is visiting her and all... So, you're that friend??" It all made sense to Asuman now.

"I'm sure she'll tell you when she's ready. You're her darling sister" Ferit tried to back Nazli and calm down Asuman. Nazli was calling Asuman.

"It's her. Do you want to hear her lie?" Asuman put it on speaker.

"I'm in love Asuman... I love Ferit!!" Nazli screamed even before Asuman said anything.

Ferit had the biggest grin on his face while Asuman smiled at him embarrassed.

"Abla..." She tried to calm down her sister but Ferit signaled her no.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you earlier. Ferit had been visiting me over past few months. I assumed the distance and work will put us off each other eventually but I look forward to his return every time he left. I keep staring at the door imagining him to walk in. I don't know if I can carry on like this anymore. It might need some sacrifices, but I can't give him up." Nazli admitted to Asuman.

The glow on his face told Asuman how much her sister loved him. She was shocked when he leaped forward and engulfed her in a sudden hug. Kissing her on forehead, he mouthed a quick "Thank you" leaving the sisters to talk privately.

"Say something Asuman" Nazli was waiting for her sister's response. Although Asuman was disappointed that her sister kept her in the dark, after what she witnessed all was forgiven.

"I'm so so so happy for you Abla... However, I still need all details of whatever happened" Asuman squealed in excitement. They talked for a while. Asuman was so happy for her sister. She finally found someone who was worthy of her. Ferit seemed perfect and his smile when he heard what her sister had to say confirmed it

Asuman found him standing in a corner watching the couple dance.

"I didn't tell her that I met you." Asuman whispered.

"Thanks" said Ferit.

"On one condition" Asuman smirked. Ferit raised his eyebrows in askance.

"I get to name your first born eniste(brother-in-law)" He looked at her in shock.

"I might not even be your eniste if I promise any such thing. Your sister would kill me. Second one may be" He chuckled.

"Deal" She said.

His mind was made up the weekend he celebrated his birthday with her. It was why his weeklong trip turned to another week. He wanted to sort out a few things before he proposed to her. She almost scared him today, but he now realised that perhaps she was worried about the future. He heard what he wanted to hear. His mobile buzzed and he walked away from the crowd.

"I was at the event earlier. Are you at the party?" He heard her voice as he answered.

"Yes... sorry about earlier. My mobile turned off." He let her know.

"I assumed. Call me once you reach home." She did not want to disturb him.

"Is that to keep tabs that I've not ended up with someone?" He smirked.

"I'm sure you wouldn't risk your life. I'll take the earliest flight available to kill you." She warned him though she knew he was teasing her.

"Well, I should consider it then. I can see you in person at least." As time passed, the separation seemed to get hard as well.

"It doesn't have to be that extreme. You do know that all you need to do is say that you want me there and I'll come immediately." All it took was a miss you text from her and he would fly to her immediately. She would do the same for him without thought.

"I know that's what is stopping from me saying it. It's an important week for you, concentrate on that." He knew how much her work meant to her and he appreciated it.

"About earlier, how could you say that?" Nazli reminded him of their earlier discussion.

"You scared me." He admitted.

"I got scared too that you even thought about it. I look forward to seeing you." She was always sure about what she wanted from her life. However, his presence in her life made her question a few things. She felt connected to him even when they were far apart, and his one text was enough to brighten her day. She knew what she had to sacrifice if they were to have a future together.