The Stranger

Few days later..

It was early Saturday morning, when she woke up to the sound of her doorbell ringing continuously. She tried to remember if she placed any online orders recently. She opened the door yawning and was shocked to see the stranger with a baffled expression on his face.

She rubbed her eyes to check if she was dreaming but he was still there. It was the stranger she saw on the bridge!! The stranger in her dreams!! She touched his cheek and reality hit her. He was for real. She could not recollect where she saw him or what his name was but this face haunted her dreams for a long time.

"Deniz's cousin" was all he said.

"OMG" she thought.  She left the door wide open and went in search of the robe to cover her pyjamas.

As she disappeared out of his sight, he wondered what to do. Not wanting to stand in the doorway, he dragged the suitcase in and closed the door. He was impressed with the apartment, it seemed bright and smelt good. She had good taste, he thought as he looked around the living room. His thoughts went back to her. It felt as if she was freaked out to see him.

He was here to attend a few business meetings and decided to surprise his cousin who was like his little brother. Although he was happy to him, Deniz told him that he will be away for 2 weeks and his apartment had been rented out to a couple in his absence. He could have easily found a hotel to stay but Deniz talked him into staying at his friends' place. When he said friend, he never expected to stand at the doorstep of a girl. Knowing Deniz, he should have thought twice about it.

"Sorry" She said, coming out of her bedroom covered in a robe hiding her cute mickey pyjamas. Even with her messy bun and sleepy face, she seemed to have a certain charm about her.

"I'm Nazli... Deniz didn't tell me you'll come today" She said trying to strangle Deniz in her thoughts. When Deniz asked her to host someone, she never expected it to be a man... let alone his cousin.

"What did you do Nazli?" She mentally kicked herself.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you early morning. I'm sure I can find a hotel somewhere..."  He sensed she was a tad uncomfortable and offered to leave, only to be cut off mid-sentence.

"No... It's okay."  She thought she screamed seeing him startled.

"I mean Deniz is a very good friend of mine, I can't let him down. You're his cousin... I mean he must have felt bad to leave you all alone... ". At some point she lost track of what she wanted to say and just kept blabbering whatever came to her mind.

"I'll prepare breakfast. Why don't you freshen up...?"  She dragged her sentence trying to recollect his name. Did he say a name or was she so shaken up that she didn't remember?

"Which room is it?" He asked and she pointed to the room at the end of the hallway.

"And I'm Ferit...Ferit Aslan" He said while dragging the suitcase in the direction of room.

FERIT ASLAN!!! It rang alarm bells in Nazli's mind, and she grabbed her mobile. She looked him up and immediately dialled her sister.

"You woke up so early?? It's going to rain today" Her sister asked her chuckling.

"When does it not rain here Asuman?" Nazli was eager to share the news.

"And before you say anything Asuman.. You know that stranger in my dreams it's Ferit and he's here!!" Nazli said holding her breath.

"Ferit... Who's Ferit?" Asuman asked her sister.

"Ferit Aslan!! Remember that business magazine we bought last summer when I was home... It's that guy. Ah it makes sense now... I could not just dream of a random face, had to see him somewhere." She explained to her sister.