Farewell

It was Friday and Nazli stepped out of the office exhausted. Not an ideal start for the weekend... all thanks to Ferit, she thought. It's been nearly a week since he stayed with her. Though he seemed reserved in the beginning, she started to enjoy his company the more time they spent together.

Last night she came to the kitchen to drink some water and found Ferit about to start a series. His enthusiasm towards it sucked her in and the next thing they binged it together till early hours. Lack of sleep caused her a severe headache. She usually stayed away from watching anything as she knew this would be the result.

She recalled how Asuman and she used to binge watch everything available only to be scolded by their mom to help her around the house rather than wasting time.

Lost in her thoughts, she banged into someone only to be steadied by a pair of arms surrounding her from back. As she tilted back, she could smell a familiar fragrance engulfing her senses and immediately realised who it was. This was not the first time it happened. Nazli came to realise how clumsy she was in the past few days.

"Ferit..What are you doing here?" She turned towards him.

"I'm here to take you for dinner." Ferit was surprised that she could recognise him even without seeing him.

She had been a great company to him. He never thought he could be friends with someone so easily. He was not someone who is comfortable around everyone. Except for family and few friends, he doesn't open up easily to others. Well, Nazli is someone who can entertain anyone he thought.

Although he had been to the city a few times, it was always for work and never had much time to hang around. Probably for best he thought, he would not have enjoyed it as much as with her. He had tough days at work and returned late but Nazli was kind enough to cook dinner and made sure he ate well. She left notes for him to eat as he got back late. She even joined him in the binging session last night.

He knew he had to treat her to something special for all the trouble. He thought of surprising her when he spotted her bumping into someone.

She is so not aware of her surroundings. He smiled as he recalled past incidents.

As they sat down for dinner, he could sense the excitement in her face. When he asked her to name just one restaurant post their Sunday evening adventure, she named this. Reservations had to be made in advance and he had his contacts though to get through.

"So, what should I order?" Ferit asked her glancing at the menu.

"Dimsums to start off... It's just amazing" She went on about what to order.

Over the past few days, she surprised him with her love of food. There are people who eat to live and who live to eat, she belonged to the second category. He recalled how she almost dragged him from one end of the city to another just because he said he felt like eating a particular dish. That dish was to be eaten only there, she declared and was not ready to listen to him.

Nazli ordered for both as he knew he could trust her choices.

"So, what are your weekend plans?" She asked gleefully.

"Seriously Nazli, you forgot already?" He complained and reminded her promise to drive him around the countryside.

"Ah!!" She avoided driving as much as she could. Thanks to the public transport, she did not have to drive to work. It was only reserved for trips out of the city.

"Don't worry I've got my international license as well if you need me to drive" He said as he recalled her hatred for driving.

"Fine..." She said and was busy discussing the plans for tomorrow. She failed to notice a guy stand next to their table until she heard