Prologue

It was the usual morning rush hour with pedestrians rushing in both directions on the bridge. There she was in the middle taking in one of the best views of the river alongside a few tourists while most people were either glued to their mobile or in a panic-stricken rush to work. It was part of her daily routine.

Nazmiye Pinar came to London as a student and fell in love with the city. When she was offered a job, she decided to stay back though she missed her parents and sister. They occasionally visited her and she flew home on all important occasions as it was only a 4 hour flight to Istanbul.

As she continued to walk, a person walking in the opposite direction caught her attention. He looked very sharp in his suit and as he neared, her heart skipped a bit. Was it a dream or was it real? That face invaded her dreams so much that she lost track of reality. She could hear the church bells ringing and knew it was time to run.  She hardly had time to think about this stranger as she had meetings scheduled back to back.

"You need a break Nazli" said a guy locking her desktop for her as she finally sat down at her desk after all the meetings.  All her friends called her Nazli.

"I know, but I hardly checked my emails today Deniz." She complained.

"I can assure you there's nothing important so please... let's go and get a coffee" He took her hand and pulled her out.

She didn't want to argue further as she could really do with a cup of coffee and some fresh air. They went to the cafeteria and placed their order. Once they settled in chairs, he immediately said

"I really need your help this time!!" He announced.

"Is it just me or do you start all your conversations with that line? What is it this time? I don't have any more friends left to introduce to you, unless you decide to swing the other way." She laughed at her own joke while he gave her the look.

She knew it was something serious as he continued to stare at her blankly.

"You know I'm going away on this work trip for 2 weeks and I was wondering if...." He started.

"If..." She looked at him suspiciously.

It's been 2 years since she started working in this firm. Initially she had her struggles trying to fit in as the only woman in the team but soon she adapted herself. Having time on hands, she involved herself in a lot of charity activities within the company. It was through one of those things, she met Deniz and hit off immediately as he reminded her of someone she missed terribly. It helped that their desks were on the same floor and they ran into each other often.

"If you can host someone while I'm away". He continued.

"Isn't your home free if you're away?" She looked at him puzzled.

"It would have been if I knew about the trip earlier, but I already lent it to a couple on their honeymoon. You know it'll be awkward to both parties" He tried to sound casual sipping the coffee.

"Hmmm" Nazli tried to think if she had anyone visiting her. It was one of the perks being in a city that attracted tourists, she loved hosting. Also, she discovered new hangouts, cuisines and different things to do based on their interests.

He knew Nazli would be the perfect host and he couldn't really take a chance.

"Pleaseeeeeeee... I promise to take you to see that play you're interested in once I'm back." He held her hand and pleaded as she wasn't so sure.

"And also treat me to lunch from that Korean food stall?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Argh!! There is nothing left on that menu that we didn't try." He was bored.

"Well then I'm leaving" She stood up, ready to leave.  It wasn't like she was going to say no. She never said no to her friends but knowing him, she had to get her way before he took advantage of her.

"Okay deal" He shook hands as she didn't leave him with much choice and ran away from there before she changed her mind or asked any further questions.

xxx

Yes? No?? Let me know if you wish to read further