Bonding

"Have you reached the airport?" Nazli asked him as she unlocked her door.

"Yea, just checked in. Are you home?" He asked her.

"Yep. I'm planning to do some cooking. Fatos messaged they won't be back for dinner, but it'll help us rest of the week." She said checking the contents of the refrigirator.

"Hmm" He replied.

"Get back to your emails Ferit" She knew he wasn't paying attention.

"I'll call you once I reached." He cut the call.

Nazli was happy with her efforts. She loaded the dishwasher and went to freshen up. She settled on the sofa with her dinner watching Bake Off.

Fatos and Engin walked in.

"You left the door open" Engin said as they joined her on the sofa.

"Ah I was on call with Ferit when I came" She must have been distracted.

"Do you guys want to eat something?" Nazli asked them.

"We had late lunch Nazli. I'm still feeling a bit full." Engin wasn't hungry.

"Ok I made some salad if you want something light. It's all in the kitchen if you feel like eating a bit later" Nazli guided Fatos to where everything was.

"Looks like you have cooked quite a lot... missing him already" Fatos was surprised to see so many dishes.

"Yea it was a good distraction, kept me occupied for a while." Nazli was embarrassed. Her mobile was buzzed, and she excused herself as she saw the caller's name.

"In hotel now, what were you saying earlier?" He asked her.

"Nothing... I went overboard with cooking trying to distract myself" She said.

"Hmm hasn't been a day yet and you have already gone crazy" Ferit was being cheeky.

"Ok bye" She was ready to cut the call.

"Ok fine I'll stop. Just freeze them, would save us sometime next week." He offered her some solutions.

"That's not a bad idea. What time are you coming on Saturday?" She questioned.

"Yea about that, they've cancelled my return flight." Before he can continue further, she cut him.

"What? Really? Aren't they supposed to give an alternative?" She ranted on.

"I'm flying back Friday evening to city airport. Should be there by 7pm I guess" He said in one go to calm her down.

"That's great." She was happy.

"It worked out better. You can see me earlier now." He laughed. Though they tried to be normal about it, they both knew how hard it is for them to be apart.

xxx

As soon as the door opened, Engin approached them

"Ah I was about to send a search party. Where have you guys been?" It was almost 11:00pm and he was worried that the girls haven't been home yet. He hugged Fatos.

"Sorry Engin. We were so engrossed in our talks that we didn't realise we took the eastbound tube instead of westbound and then we did a full circle. There was no network underground." Nazli explained him in detail.

"We thought so." Engin told them how Ferit called and assured him that they might be on the train as they were not answering calls.

"Yea I spoke to him" Nazli told him.

"Anyways did you get everything you wanted? Should I heat food?" He asked.

"Yea the collection wasn't that great, but we did manage to get something." Fatos said.