Epilogue

Nazli walked to the table and the sight of the people she loved filled her with happiness. There was no doubt she loved him as her husband, but she fell in love even more with the father of her child.

She experienced his love for kids when Bulut and Melek were around, but nothing prepared her for the moment when he held their daughter in his arms for the first time. Though he denies vehemently, she was sure she witnessed tears in his eyes.

He had been her rock through all the tests and appointments they went through. She had almost given up hope when she finally saw those two lines one fine morning and there was no turning back.

True to her name, Feriha truly filled their life with joy. It had been a crazy year of firsts, but her little princess was finally one. She would've lost her sanity at some point, if not for her dear husband. He was truly hands-on and sometimes felt jealous of their bond. Feriha's eyes just light up the moment he walks in.

She joined them as it was time to cut the cake. Ferit handed Feriha to her and kissed her forehead.

As the family cheered for her, Feriha cut her cake looking at the cake curiously. While Ferit tried to feed her a strawberry, she was eager to lick the cream around it causing them to laugh. They took pictures with everyone.

"I can't believe she's one already." Nazli whispered in his ear as they watched her being pampered by her grandparents.

"Do you want to turn back time?" Ferit teased her.

"No way... I'm not going through those crazy days again." Nazli recalled those early months when all they did was feed or change her.

"15 diapers was the record, wasn't it?" Ferit smiled as he remembered those days.

"Still want the football team you dreamed of?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Let's not burden the earth. One more would do." He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer.

"Ferit Aslan not fulfilling his dream. That's a first." She looked at him in fake shock.

"I was only being considerate. You're already jealous that my love has been divided." He winked at her.

"I'm not" She frowned and hit his arm.

"I'm... You moved back home for her" Ferit exaggerated though they made the decision together. It was the first decision they made, when they found out they were going to be parents.

"Like you won't ditch me now if she cried" Nazli challenged him while he denied. Feriha chose the moment to let out a loud wail and Ferit looked like a deer caught in headlights. She stifled her laughter as she noticed him trying to hold himself back. She gave him a victory smile, while he went to attend their daughter.

The family left and Ferit sat on the floor with Feriha in his lap surrounded by her birthday gifts. She seemed more fascinated with the boxes and wrapping paper rather than what was inside.

Nazli came back with a bottle of milk and left it on the table to let it cool down.

"This is for you" He handed her a wrapped box and signalled her to open it. She opened it to see a beautiful bracelet with their names engraved on the back.

"It's beautiful. It's not my birthday though" She said as she tried it on.

"It's a special day though. The day we became parents" He leaned in closer to kiss her when her eyes went wide in shock. She turned his face to look in the direction of their daughter, who was trying to balance herself and take a few steps.

"Another milestone crossed" He eagerly called Feriha with open arms to walk towards him. She finally reached him, faltering along the way.

Feriha lay in Nazli's lap sipping the milk from the bottle while Ferit sat next to her and caressed her hand.

"I've a gift for you too" Nazli's eyes gleamed as she thought of her surprise. She passed him his gift. He looked at her in question while opening his gift.

His eyes went from his hand to her eyes and back to his hand trying to confirm if it was what he thought it was. She nodded her head in excitement.

"You're going to be a big sister Feriha..." He cooed to her and kissed Nazli.

They placed a sleeping Feriha in her cot and went out after kissing her. They sat out in the garden embraced in each other's arms admiring the full moon.

"I didn't think I could be happier than I was already today." Ferit caressed her cheek.

"I was waiting all day to see the shine in your eyes, when you found out." Nazli met his eyes.

"I love you" She whispered against his lips, and they kissed each other.

xxx

Can't resist writing this after all your wonderful comments requesting it.. Thanks again!!