Lost

Her life changed the day she opened the door to him. She never expected to find someone that would love her as much as he did. In the last two years they became each other's pillar of support. Bulut visited them during holidays and Asuman lived close by as she chose to pursue her masters in London. There has been a new addition to the family. A cute little bundle of joy called Melek, Bulut's baby sister.

It's been a year since they tried to get pregnant, but with no luck. Every month that passed, increased her worry a little. Ferit had been so patient with her while she had her meltdowns and tried his best to cheer her up. When Asuman announced her wedding, she decided to take a break from everything and landed in Istanbul to help her.

In the past two years since they have been married, she spent time in this house a few times but never without him. This was her first trip without him and she missed him terribly. Her bond with his family strengthened as they dropped by often and made sure she was okay. She also got more time to spend with her own family helping Asuman organise her dream wedding.

Today was Melek's first birthday, and she persuaded Zeynep to let her organise it. Zeynep helped her with organising their reception when they were both busy and stuck in London due to work commitments.

She had to get out of bed but she couldn't get enough of him. He might have slipped in late last night. She knew he wouldn't miss the party but he told her he had some meetings. She gently caressed his hand, careful not to wake him up. She knew it would be impossible to leave his side if he woke up, so she slipped away to get ready for the day.

When he woke up, he felt happy to be in his room after ages. He reached Istanbul late at night due to flight delays and hit the bed as soon as he reached home. It had been a month since he last saw her and kept admiring her sleeping form before he drifted off to sleep. She must be busy downstairs, so he went to freshen up.

He walked down the stairs and noticed the subtle changes in the décor along the way and smiled. Of course, she had to shake things up and leave her mark.

He settled on the sofa and picked up the iPad to read news. As he engaged himself in reading, he felt someone's gaze on him. He pretended to be busy reading. After feeling satisfied with the attention on him, he looked away from the screen and winked at her. While she looked at him completely shocked, he resumed reading.

He felt a tug on his shirt sleeve and diverted his attention to Bulut who was getting on to his lap. He put the tablet aside and pulled him towards him.

"Dayi you're back. Why didn't you wake me up when you came?" His nephew uttered still half sleepy.

"It was quite late, and you were fast asleep." He said ruffling his hair.

"I've been a very good boy. I didn't trouble yenge and I even fed her food last night." His nephew explained animatedly, all sleep wandering away.

He took a promise from his nephew that he would be a good boy and in return he would get him a lot of toys and chocolates. He smiled at his way of asking for toys.

"Good, that's like my boy. Dayi will keep his promise too. I'll give you toys after we have breakfast." Ferit said as he ruffled his curly hair and in return Bulut hugged him.

His eyes automatically searched for her, while she was instructing the workers about the decorations for Melek's first birthday. His wife had been obsessed with the little princess and took it upon her to organise the party. Her eyes met his and he wondered how they both knew it even without any communication.

After checking on the decorations, she returned to talk to her husband but the sofa was empty. She checked the kitchen and went upstairs. She heard noises coming from Bulut's room. Bulut had his own room here and last night when she went to discuss the plan with Zeynep, Bulut insisted on going with her, and she agreed.

She saw him sitting on the floor with Bulut in his lap, showing him all the toys, he got for him. She walked up to them and sat opposite them. They suddenly kissed her, one on left cheek and the other on right cheek wishing "Good morning".

She looked at her husband in shock. He was trying to hide his smile and got back to explain Bulut about some toy.

"You should've given him the toys after breakfast. Now, he'll not move from here." She said arranging the toys.

"Well Bulut promised to have a good breakfast if I show him the toys early. You'll have your breakfast with Dayi, won't you?" He asked Bulut and he nodded.

"Okay, now go get ready. You'll not get breakfast until you take a bath." She reprimanded them. They got up and Ferit left to their room while she helped Bulut.

She walked into their walk-in closet to see him dressed in jeans, looking for a shirt. She shook her head and handed him a shirt. He mouthed a quick thank you and took it. She turned to leave when she felt a tug on her hand and before she knew, she was in his arms.

"Put on the buttons please" He requested with a childish pout on his face.

"You know what, you are behaving more like a child" She said as she buttoned his shirt. Bulut sent her away saying he is a big boy and can get ready on his own.

"Well, I can't help it if you keep looking sexier each day." He winked at her.

She tried to punch him while he caught hold of her hand. She saw him looking at her with eyes full of love and she melted. She rested her head on his chest and hugged him. She recalled the last conversation she had with him in the airport while he dropped her.

"Nazli I know you're stressed but it's not under our control. Nothing would be the same without you. Whatever happens, remember that it's still going to be us together for the rest of our lives."  Ferit kissed her forehead and let her go to find her peace knowing she needed some time on her own.

"Nazli" Her name felt musical from his mouth.

"Ferit" It was all she was able to say before his lips crashed on hers.

"I missed you" They said at the same time and held on to each other.

xxx

Started to write with the intention of a epilogue but I guess it needs one more chapter... sorry for the long delay but I'll try and finish this soon :)