Family

It was one week since he was back home. Work kept him very busy as he started his transition for permanent move. His mother came over to spend time with him. He could hear the laughter from outside and wondered what was going on as he walked towards the living room.

"Ferit" He was greeted by Nazli's dad and he was surprised to see her parents at his home.

Before he could say anything, his mum asked him to go and freshen up. He walked into his room and saw a new suit on his bed. As he stood there lost in thought, his eyes were blinded by a pair of hands. He immediately caught hold of it and twisted it across, so she landed in his arms.

"What are you doing here Nazli?" He almost crushed her in his arms.

"Spying on you" She whispered in his ear.

"And what did you find?" He said, pulling out.

"Hmm that there's a girl you're crazy about." She said picking up a photo frame near his bedside.

"And who is this girl?" He hugged her from behind.

"The one you're getting engaged to today" She said pointing to her in the frame.

"Wait aren't we already engaged?" It didn't make any sense to him.

"I know but our parents want us to do it traditionally again." She said turning back as she snuggled closer to him.

"When did you come? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He was miffed a bit.

"I wanted to surprise you. Now get ready quickly before Asuman or Deniz find us." She kissed his cheek.

"Wait. Deniz is here as well?" He didn't see him downstairs.

"Yes, he is..." She told him.

"When did they plan all this?" He was shocked that his mother managed to make all arrangements without him knowing.

"My parents asked me to come asap 3 days ago. I found out about all the arrangements once I was back and thought it would be good to surprise you. That's why it's happening here" She explained to him.

"So, do you like this place? It's going to be your second home." He hugged her from behind tracing his nose behind her ear to her neck.

"It's beautiful. Are you sure you want to leave this?" Nazli turned in his arms.

"As cliché as it might sound... home is where your heart is" He pulled her into a kiss when they heard noises from downstairs. He headed to the bathroom to get ready while Nazli left.

Once he came down, he saw her sitting with her parents. She signalled that he looks good while he winked at her. While they were busy flirting with each other through signs, Deniz and Asuman walked in.

"We're here" Bulut declared, grabbing everyone's attention. Zeynep and Bulut hugged Nazli.

The parents were happily talking to each other while their siblings attacked them with questions on how he proposed to her. The mothers then took Nazli to the kitchen to prepared coffee, which she did easily.

She poured the coffee into cups and put some salt in one of the cups. She served everyone and gave the last one to him. Everyone looked at him in anticipation. Of course, he'd drink it all. The presence of her in his home was enough to gulp it down. They exchanged rings again and the parents sat down to talk.

It was dinner time. Bulut was too excited to see Nazli and pulled her to play with him. Deniz had to tempt him with a video game so he would let her eat.

"Why don't you have some tulumba? I know you like them" Zeynep served her while she gave an embarrassed smile as her future mother-in-law and sister-in-law approached her.

"What else do you like? If you give me a list, I can send things as per that." They asked her.

"teşekkür.. thank you" Nazli said timidly appreciating their support for Ferit's move.

"Well we need to thank you actually. Anne was desperate to see him married." Zeynep smiled at her.

"This move must be tough on all of you" She knew he made the decision, but she still felt guilty.

"As long as you guys are happy, the distance doesn't matter. Just make sure he attends calls occasionally, that should be enough." Her mother-in-law smiled at her.

"It's only a 4hr flight anyway. Reserve a room for me, I'm going to drop by often." Zeynep teased her.

"You're always welcome..." Nazli smiled.

"Beware of these two Nazli. They are dangerous, always one step ahead." Deniz tried to scare her.

"Well I'm sure they need to be to handle Ferit and you" Nazli retorted and her mother-in-law pulled her into a side hug.

"Ah ganging up on us already" Ferit joined Deniz.

"Ferit couldn't you have found a better yenge for me?" He said, earning a slap on the arm from Nazli.

"Didn't you say I was the best?" Nazli questioned Deniz.

"Well you weren't my boss then, so I didn't know..." He said before he ran away. Rest of them dispersed one by one leaving them alone.

"When are you flying back?" He asked as he sat down beside her.

"Whenever you want..." She said, eating her food.

"You haven't booked your return ticket?" He looked at her surprised.

"Well I thought you'd want to come with me" She replied.

"Sunday then?" He asked.

"Cool" She replied.

"So, where are you treating us?" Asuman joined them.

"Treat?" They asked at once.

"You got engaged. Besides you kept it a secret for so long, we deserve to be treated well." Asuman looked at Deniz.

"I agree" Deniz joined them.

"We can go for dinner tomorrow." Ferit said casually.

"That'll do for starters but Abla you have to convince mom and dad to send me with you for holidays" Asuman ordered her.

"But you have to prepare for your exams" Nazli was cut off by Ferit.

"Done. One of us can help her with the prep Nazli." He said.

"Fine then" Nazli gave up. She went and sat with their parents, who were busy discussing things.

He indicated her to come up but she denied. He asked her again, but she shook her head in a no. Giving up, he went and sat beside her taking her hand in his. She pulled out indicating others were around. While they were busy fighting with eyes, their parents suddenly asked them

"Do you guys agree?" They looked at each other in shock as they were not concentrating on what was going on.

"Evet... yes" They said together even though they have got no clue what they agreed to.