Proposal

"Come on Nazli... don't pretend now" Deniz looked straight into her eyes.

"So, you know?" She asked him.

"I can only be blind if I didn't notice how you too act around each other." He figured it out that day when they met for lunch but waited patiently for one of them to disclose it. His patience had worn out now and he even got Buse just to mess around with them but still they kept pretending.

"So, what do you think?" She asked him.

"You have my blessing if that's what you're waiting for" Deniz grinned and Nazli hit him.

"Before Ferit kills me for keeping you guys apart for so long, let me hand you over to him" He walked over to Ferit and put Nazli's hand in his asking Buse to come with him.

Ferit let go of her hand and put it on his shoulder. He pulled her even closer as Nazli entwined her hands around his neck. The smile on her face erased all the nervousness and gave him the confidence to do what he wanted later that night. The music turned more upbeat and he let go of her. Ferit went to the bar while she joined Deniz at the table. Buse left.

"I heard you rejected the role of delivery manager." Deniz said looking into her eyes as she avoided his gaze.

She sighed and said, "It involved lot of travel Deniz and you know me... I'm not much of a traveller..."

"Nazli don't lie to me" He could tell she was diverting the topic.

"We both can't be travelling Deniz. Did you know he's moving here? It's not very fair to expect more from him." She was surprised to find out that Ferit was ready to move for her.

"But..." Deniz said.

"Between you should be happy as your charming boss Clive took it up. He won't be bothering you anymore." Nazli tried to relax Deniz.

"Really but still, you would have been..." Deniz was super excited to know that.

"I read somewhere that not all decisions can be made rationally, you need to follow your heart as well. Don't worry I got the better end of the deal. I'm going to take over your team as well... meet your new boss" She said pointing to herself.

"OMG I would rather work with Clive" Deniz said knowing her bossy attitude.

"You better not mess with me anymore" She patted his cheek.

Ferit joined them and asked what was going on seeing Deniz's dejected face.

"Ask your girlfriend... I better not mess with her" Deniz left. Ferit looked at her in askance.

"He figured out about us. Let's go before he miss the last train." Nazli lowered her eyes.

The journey back into London was silent. They were walking back home along the river.

"I heard you guys Nazli" He stated tired of expecting her to say something.

"I'm happier with this role Ferit and I mean it." She said sincerely.

"Between I got you added to my council tax statement so you can use it as a proof of address for now and start any paperwork you might need to do." She told him.

"How did you know?" He avoided her gaze.

"Wasn't it obvious that you're going to?  I've started receiving some financial magazines and journals addressed to you in my post." She winked.

"You read my recent interview?" He asked as it made sense to him that she was quoting him over the following the heart statement.

"Yes, I came across it when I was flipping through the magazine pages. I thought it was my post, didn't check it was addressed to you." She confessed.

"I didn't realise I put down your address when they asked for local address." He told her.

Ferit took Nazli's hand into his

"I don't think I can spend any more weeks apart looking to make as many memories in the time we get to spend together. I want to be there for you all the time. I want to be able to kiss you when I wake up every day, tease you, fight with you and make up to you.

Will you.... ?"                                   

"Yes" She said before he can continue further.

He slipped a ring on her finger and then, he pulled her into a kiss.

"I was very close to asking you myself" Nazli confessed as they broke apart after a kiss.

"I know but you didn't even let me finish. Before I forget, take this." He grinned and handed her a box.

As she opened the box and saw it contents

"When did you visit my parents Ferit?" She asked understanding the situation. There was a ring belonging to her grandfather. Her mother always joked that she would give it to her son-in-law.

"I had to make sure I had their permission. You know just in case you said no, they might have been able to persuade you." He smirked.

"So, now you're scheming things behind my back? When and how did you meet them?" She was surprised.

"About that... ah.." He was trying to find words to tell her.

"What?" She looked at him suspiciously.

"I was there when you called Asuman" He said as he noticed her stare at him in complete shock.

"Nazli, it was Asuman who put you on speaker and I couldn't control myself." Ferit tried to calm her down.

"I promise it wasn't the whole conversation, just the beginning." She was trying to hit him, but his gaze as he held her hands and pulled her in his arms melted her.

"How come Asuman didn't tell me you were there?" Nazli asked him once they calmed down.

"Ah that" He closed his eyes.

"What else did you do now?" The shocks kept coming.

"I might have promised her the rights to name our second born" He said in one go and she looked at him as if he has gone completely crazy.

"Look she asked for the first, but I negotiated down to second for you."  He seemed quite proud of himself.

"I just don't know what to say" She was lost for words.

"Who am I getting married to?" She hit her head.

"I do have to thank Asuman though, she arranged the meeting and helped me." Ferit praised her sister.

"Does your family know as well?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, they came along with me to visit your parents." He admitted.

"Seems like you've flattered your mother-in-law with that move and scored some brownie points..." She took the ring out of the box and slipped it on his finger.

"Guess she figured out that her daughter wasn't able to resist the charm." He said before pulling her into a kiss again.