Surprise

It's been a week since Nazli last saw him at the airport. One of her cousins was visiting her. Spending time with her cousin, work and a charity event distracted her a bit but he was still in her thoughts.

Nazli woke up to the early morning bell ringing sound. Her cousin went to Edinburgh to meet some friends and was supposed to come back on Sunday. She thought it must be Selin as she opened the door only to be shocked.

"Ferit" She said.

There he stood with his ever so charming smile. He walked past her, pushing his suitcase in. Before he could say anything, his mobile rang.

"Ferit where are you?" He could imagine his mother fuming as he heard her.

"Anne this was a last minute work thing. The contract paperwork needed some corrections and I had to come to sort it out" He tried to calm her down.

As Nazli tried to walk away, he held her hand and pulled her causing her to lose balance but as usual he was her saviour.

He held her close with one hand engulfing her in a hug and other on the mobile near to his ear.

"I promise I'll be back as soon as I finish my work here." He tried to reassure her.

Nazli tried to free herself but he kept tightening his grip every time she tried to break free. She pushed him hard and left to her room. Ferit knew it was not going to be easy as he rested on the couch due to her sudden push.

"Nazli" He went knocking on her door. There was no reply.

"Please open the door Nazli" He pleaded but she didn't seem to budge.

"Ok I don't care.. I'm coming in." He walked into the room. He saw her sitting on the bed busy checking something on her mobile. She didn't seem to care but he had to talk.

"Look at me Nazli" He said as he sat on the bed next to her trying to grab her attention.

"I shouldn't have left like that... I didn't mean to.." He said as he took her hand into his.

"Why are you here Ferit?" She finally looked into his eyes and he couldn't control himself. How much he longed for this!!

"To finish this" He whispered against her lips and kissed her. She tried to resist but gave in as he pulled her closer and matched him with equal fervour.

It could be the bell ringing or they needed to catch the breath, they broke apart and Nazli could now hear her door bell ringing continuously.

This must definitely be her cousin. She asked Ferit to hide before composing herself to open the door. She pushed Ferit's suitcase into her room before screaming again to "Hide" and opened the door.

"Sorry Selin I was sleeping and didn't hear the doorbell ringing." She apologised for the delay.

"That's fine. I urgently need to use the washroom." Selin said heading towards Nazli's room.

"The toilet is blocked." Nazli directed her into the other room.

"Leave now" She got Ferit's suitcase and pointed Ferit towards the door before her cousin got out of the bathroom.

"But..." Before Ferit said anything, Nazli closed the door. He flew unexpectedly to see her without any plan just on impulse.

"I have to head back home urgently, something at work. I booked the earliest available flight today. Can you drop me at the airport?"  Her cousin asked once she came out.

"Now?" Nazli was confused.

"Nazli I'm just here to collect things I left." Her cousin picked up her stuff and got ready to go.

Nazli quickly got ready and helped her cousin with the baggage. As she walked through the apartment concierge, she saw Ferit still waiting there. He signaled her showing the key. She quickly dropped her keys into his hands as she passed him and went towards the parking area. She drove her cousin to the airport but her mind was racing with thoughts about what Ferit wanted and why he was here. Past two weeks have been very difficult for her, trying to get a grip on her thoughts. She did try to message him sometimes but couldn't seem to find the right words and neither did he message her. It annoyed her that he didn't even message her once. She even went to the airport fighting her thoughts to avoid him but he didn't make any move. After putting her through two weeks of hell, he just turns up today to kiss her. Is he out of his mind?

She bid her farewell and drove back home as quickly as she could. She wanted to call Asuman but thought this was something she needed to deal with on her own.

As she knocked on the door, he opened it with a sigh. "Finally!!" He said.

She followed him in and sat down on the couch.

"Why are you still here?" She questioned.

"Deniz is not picking his mobile." Ferit said in response.

"Yea he's in Spain for a week. His friends' bachelor party or something." Nazli told him.

"Well that answers it then" He said.

"You clearly know that's not what I meant" She wanted some answers.

"We needed to talk to Nazli" He sat next to her and held her hands in his.

"You could've texted or called me?" She asked.

"I had to see you." He said looking into her eyes.

"Why did you not meet me at the airport?" He questioned her straight.

"I thought you didn't want to meet me" Since he left with Deniz, he neither called or texted her.

"I thought the same. I didn't want to scare you Nazli, you ran away that night." He thought she wanted to avoid him after she declined all Deniz's requests to catch up.

When she kissed him that night, he was taken back. Although he felt a strong attraction to her, he didn't want to complicate things. He liked being around her, it felt like he could be himself.

It was when he saw her at the airport that day, he felt a tug in his heart as if he was leaving something precious behind. She haunted his dreams, he could feel her presence everywhere around him.

There was no point in beating around the bush.

"I don't know Ferit, part of me wanted to stop you but I just couldn't... I'm not sure of what I want yet" Nazli tried to answer him sincerely.

"You're not alone Nazli... That makes two of us" He said resting his forehead against hers.

"Why don't we give us a chance and see how it goes?" Ferit said, hoping it would give them the time and assurance they badly need.

Nazli knew she couldn't just let him go this time. The distance between them bothered her. It was what she kept thinking throughout her drive home. She simply nodded her head in agreement as he pulled her into a hug.

"Sorry Ferit... I didn't know you'll be here. I've an event to attend." She pulled out of the hug and went to get ready.

Now that he said what he wanted to, it put his mind at certain ease. He freshened up and sat on the bed opening his laptop. He needed to sort his work out, he just came here unplanned for her.

Nazli came home and dropped on the couch. It was tiring for her to attend office events. She then recalled Ferit was supposed to be there. As she headed to the kitchen, he handed her a lemonade.

"Thanks Ferit! Hope you weren't bored" She said settling back on the couch.

"Finishing off work" He said slipping in beside her.

She just rested her head on his shoulder as they wondered about their future together.