Chapter 17

When Asher asked me If we could be friends, that put me in a state of shock because I never expected Asher to a patient guy who would wait for a girl to give him the attention that he deserved. But I guess I was wrong. I had stopped eating but I did not dare look up because I knew that he was busy staring at me. Yes, I wanted to accept this request of his because if not now, I knew that it would never happen. So, I took a deep breath and said “YES”. And the moment I said ‘Yes’ there was a hundred-megawatt smile on Asher’s face and looking at that made me smile. It was like finally, things were looking up to us but before we even started this friendship thing, I wanted to make some things clear with Asher so I clear my throat to gain his attention which was already on me. I tell him, “Asher, I’m glad that we are moving forward with our relationship but I would want to make some things clear and that is there should be no secrets between us, never go to sleep without solving out our issues and lastly try and understand each other and their problem because we both come from different backgrounds.”
He nods his head listening to me and promises that we shall always make sure to follow these rules. After that, we finished off our awaiting delicious food and left for home. Once Asher dropped me home, I went straight to my room, got changed, and jumped on the bed for a deep sleep which was much needed because I was sleepy. And soon I dozed off to dreamland.
Next day morning…
I woke up late and now I was late for college, I was running here and there and I was a mess. When my mom saw me as a mess she came to my rescue and helped me get ready for college and finally I could leave for college. And college was busy as usual, by the end of the lectures we were dead tired. Brianna and Peter were ready to even sleep there itself if possible. Once I reached home, I found out that Asher’s family was invited for a dinner. This made me happy that I was going to meet Asher but I also wondered that, why were they called for dinner suddenly? But not giving much thought to it, I get ready for dinner. I wear a simple pair of black jeans, pairing it up with a simple white tee and a grey cardigan. Once done with my outfit, I left my hair open straight as they were.
It was 6 pm now and we did not have to wait much for them, soon enough the doorbell rang and Alpha, Luna, and Asher entered our house. Once they settled in the living room, mom and I went in and to bring snacks and some coffee for everyone. And when everyone was enjoying the snacks, Alpha suddenly said that now that everyone is present here and is enjoying the snacks let’s get to some important business. He continued, “Roger, I’m very happy that we all are a family now and even Asher and Alyne are trying to get along with each other because that can be felt by everyone when the future Alpha and Luna are happy together.” That brings a smile to Asher’s face and I blush hard and well everyone laughs at our expense. And Alpha continues, “So like I was saying, now that everything is kind of settled, me and the Luna are planning to keep the ‘Formal introduction of the Luna’ to the pack tomorrow because the pack has waited for a long time for their new Luna and it shouldn’t or can’t wait anymore. So what do you all say?” Listening to this my parents were super happy because they have been waiting for this since the day I found out that Asher is my mate, but I, I was not ready for this yet. Because the moment I get introduced to the pack formally, Asher will have to mark me because that’s the rule of the Silver Moon pack and I as a Luna will definitely have to follow that rule. It’s not like I don’t trust Asher or something but I needed more time.
Lost in my thoughts I did not pay much attention to what the others said, I only came back to my senses when Chris called me asking about my opinion. I did not know what to say? And everyone was looking at me with great expectations, even Asher. I know I looked pretty much clueless but soon I had to give an answer. Seeing me not able to answer, Chris come by my side and asks, “Baby girl, are you okay? Do you need time? Whatever it is tell me if you want time just tell me okay. I’m always there for you and so is everyone.” I just nod and take in a deep breath to calm my racing heart and mind and finally utter the words that they all have been waiting hear, “Ok, let’s do it. I’m ready, let’s have the ceremony tomorrow.” And the moment I said this a huge smile broke onto everyone’s face. And if possible Asher would have jumped out of his seat and hugged me but he contained his excitement in front of everyone. And seeing everyone happy made me happy and that eventually brought a smile on my face. Yes, it is true that I still had some doubts and didn’t know whether Asher and I would be able to be perfect mates like our parents or just drift apart because of our differences?

New Chapter is here. Enjoy reading and keep showering some love💕