Chapter 6

It had been 10 minutes since my friends left the room and no one had even uttered a single word. I and Asher were busy glaring at each other. So having no options left, Chris takes the initiative and starts the conversation, rather should I say starts explaining to me about how whatever they are doing or saying is for my good. Ok, I understand that he cares for me but how come accepting Asher’s idiotic idea count as caring? It did not make sense at all. And I had to make them understand this.
I take in a deep breath to calm myself down so that I won’t regret my actions later on. And start, “ Look Asher I don’t know what is your reason to come up with such a bad idea of almost making me feel like I’m living in a prison with no freedom other than the aspect that yes you are our future Alpha and you have to look after the well being of your pack members. But this is too much. You have no right to tell me what to do and what not. And I don’t know why the hell is Chris supporting you in all this but to be clear, I won’t be doing any such thing as you have asked to. I’m not a kid anymore and I can very well take care of myself. So thank you for your concern but let's stop it there itself.”
This angered him, and soon Asher’s baby blue eyes turned black, which meant his wolf was surfacing and trying to take control but he was trying very hard to not let that happen. I mean obviously, his wolf nor he could accept someone lower to him disrespecting them. Seeing this Chris quickly sprang up from his seat and went towards Asher to calm him down but that didn’t help much instead Asher growled in anger to show his annoyance. And finally, the hell broke loose.
His strong voice boomed in through the silent room. He says, “Listen and listen carefully Alyne. I’m trying very hard to not do something which will hurt you or me in the long run. So be careful and watch that pretty mouth of yours about what you say and whom. Because I can guarantee that if this happens for yet another time then the consequences won’t be good and you will definitely not like it. Get that?”
I was stunned listening to him. What did he mean by I won’t like the consequences? Why would I not like it, I mean yes it will be a punishment, but why he is even mad at me in the first place? Like yes, I did defy my future Alpha but the anger that he expressed has much more hidden in it than just a lower rank not listening to his/her Alpha.
Chris came to my rescue like the amazing brother that he is and handled the situation by saying, “It’s Ok I understand what you are trying to say Asher, but please calm down and don’t worry about Alyne. I will make her understand everything and make sure that she co-operates. Now please calm down”. This seems to bring Asher’s anger under control but only to a certain extent. And soon enough he gave a last glance at me and left the room and I sighed in relief.
I did not know how to react after Asher’s outburst but I wanted answers regarding some question which could be answered by my one and only dear brother Chris. So as soon as Asher went out and Chris came and sat beside me, I took a hold of his hand asked him the reason behind Asher’s weird behavior, and also made him promise to not lie to me but tell me the truth. He didn’t want to but he did not have any other option because I was not letting him go until he answered all my questions.

This is a short chapter but I'm promise to make it up to you all in the next one, till then let the love coming 💕