Chapter 9

Today was my birthday. And since the time I woke up in the morning, someone or the other either has been calling me, messaging me, or have come to wish me "Happy Birthday". I mean, it's ok, I understand your excitement about me turning 21 but this was too much. I didn't like staying between crowds and here the exact opposite was happening and I couldn't even do anything about it. Well, other than that my morning wasn't that eventful, I had a scrumptious breakfast prepared by my mom with my family and friends. After breakfast, Brianna decided to stay back because she wanted to take me to the mall to buy me my birthday dress. That was her gift to me, whereas Peter would pay for the accessories that would be needed along with the dress. He would have accompanied Brianna and me to the mall but was called by the Alpha for some work related to IT because he was good at it. So it was only Brianna, Kate and me whom we asked to accompany us later on when we got to know that Peter won't be able to join us.
Time flew by because the girls didn't let me rest for one bit and for the last 3 hours we have been constantly roaming around the mall, from one store to another because Brianna still hadn't found the perfect dress for me. But by god's grace finally, she found the perfect dress for me which was a halter neck dress which reached up to my knees in black and white color combination, And indeed it was really pretty. After the dress was sorted we quickly bought matching accessories for it and then went to Mc Donald's for a quick lunch. Once our tummies were full, we headed back home because a party was arranged to celebrate my 21st birthday in the packhouse at 7 in the evening, where there would be a cake cutting ceremony followed by a dance party and dinner. I was totally against this idea but it was my parent's wish which I couldn't ignore, so I had to endure it for them.
After I reached home tired, I went to my room and hit the bed. I was very tired of shopping with Brianna and Kate and it's nothing new, they can go on for hours wasting time at the mall and I was not one of them but had to endure it at times like these. I just have to follow them around and accompany them till they are satisfied. Anyway, I dozed off the moment my body hit the bed. And by the time I woke up, it was already 6.30 in the evening meaning only half an hour left for the party to start and I was running late to my own party. Like amazing. Anyway, I somehow managed to get ready as soon as possible and drive towards the packhouse for the party. At first, I thought how come my parents, brother and friends never called or came to wake me up for the party but I realized only later that I had overall 20 missed calls and 30 messages from them asking me where was I? But it was me who was sleeping like a log.
I reached the party fifteen minutes later than the scheduled time, and there at the entrance, I met Peter and Kate who wished me 'Happy Birthday" and ushered me in to meet my parents who were with the Alpha and the Luna and Brianna and Alex waiting for me. The moment I went near them, my dad said "Happy Birthday once again Princess, but where were you? We called, messaged you so many times but you didn't answer." I smile sheepishly at him and say, "I'm sorry, I overslept." Listening to this my parents and the Alpha and the Luna share a hearty laugh while my friends giggle at my expense. After the laughter session was over, the Alpha and the Luna wished me Happy Birthday and gave me presents. After that, I was dragged to the center of the room where lots and lots of people came and wished me 'Happy Birthday' and gave me presents and I had to say "Thank You" and give them a forced smile.
But an hour into the party and I had yet not met my brother, where was he? I tried calling him but his phone was unreachable. So I ask my mom about him and only then she informs me that Asher and he have gone out of the pack for some emergency work and shall return soon. I just nod and move towards my friends who were seated at a corner table, and the moment I take a seat alongside them, they ask me whether I'm excited to find my mate tonight? Because they are very much excited and are eagerly waiting for me to find a mate. Listening to them, I roll my eyes but eventually answer that nor am I excited or sad to find my mate. I'm just okay with it, If the Moon Goddess wishes to assign me a mate tonight, then okay. It's not like I could change the destiny. They nod listening to my answer.
The party was in full swing and it almost close to midnight and brother or Asher had yet not returned. As I look around, I see everyone happy smiling, dancing, eating, talking most importantly enjoying themselves. Even though I might have told this like a thousand times already that I hate being in crowds but seeing everyone happy automatically brought a smile on my face. But with that also came the feeling of sadness, awkwardness, or should I say, I don't have the exact word to describe the feeling but it only meant that how am I to cope up with everything when I meet my mate? Or who will be my mate? Or would I even meet my mate today at midnight or would just end up like my brother? There were so many questions but hardly any answers.
And finally, when the clock was about to strike twelve I saw my brother enter the room and I ran and jumped into his arms and scolded him for being late. But he tightly holds me and spins me around and then places a soft kiss on my forehead and says "Sorry sweetheart. I promise to make it up to you later, whenever you ask for. Okay?" I just nod and hug him then start dragging him towards the food counter because I always loved eating food with my brother but before I could do that, the clock struck twelve indicating it was midnight and I was instantly hit with the sweetest fragrance ever. It was an intoxicating Chocolate flavor mixed with Vanilla fragrance and the moment I turned around to find its owner, I was shocked to the core. Because it belonged to none other than Asher and my Woolf Irene started jumping up and downing shouting "Mate. He is our mate. Our future Alpha is our mate." And reality hit me like a truck and before he could even take a step towards me I fainted.

A new chapter and here is the scene that I guess most have been waiting for. PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENT 💜