Chapter 30

Asher’s P.O.V.
I woke up early in the morning the next day with only a few hours of sleep, I couldn’t rest properly knowing what dangers were lurking out there, I had to not only take care of Alyne but also my pack members because I did not know what The King wanted other than taking Alyne away from me. By the time I reached my office in the packhouse, my dad and Roger were already waiting for me while Chris was out visiting the elders for more information on The King. Soon we get immersed in planning a fight against The King and suddenly I see Chris rushing through the door panting hard and fast. Seeing Chris out of breath Roger, rushes towards him and asks, ‘What’s the matter? Why are you in such a condition?’ Even I wanted to know that why was Chris out of breath and looked scared and worried. But what I didn’t expect was his answer.
Chris said, ‘Alyne had mind linked me a few minutes ago and said that she was kidnapped by the king's men from the college canteen and she was injected with wolfsbane and might pass out soon. Also that they were running towards the south of our pack. And also she informed me instead of you because she knew that you would flip out the moment you heard the news and would act out of anger and she didn’t want you to do that.’ Listening to Chris that Alyne has been kidnapped by the King’s men boiled my blood, and made me wonder how did they enter my territory yet again without my permission or my dad’s.
I quickly call out for all the patrollers at the southern border because I needed to know how did they enter our territory and did they see anyone going out as well. Within minutes I see Alex along with all the guards from the southern border, and before I could ask, Alex started speaking, ‘Alpha before you start speaking I would like to inform you about something important.’ I just nod, so that he could continue speaking, and he does so. ‘ Alpha, the moment I got to know that Alyne got kidnapped, and those goons might have used the entrance at the southern border for their entry in our territory, I rushed over there. And I had to do it for Brianna and also because she had saved my Brianna’s life last time. And when I reached the border I found out that Richard the head of the ammunition department had helped the king and his men to trespass our border in exchange for some money and other pleasures. And now he is missing, seems to have fled off.’
I keep my anger in control as I did not want to create an unnecessary that would just waste my time. I ask him that even if Richard had helped The King in trespassing our territory, how did he do that? Alex answers, ‘Well Alpha, Richard seemed to be good at hypnotizing and that is what he did. He used to hypnotize our soldiers with a certain kind of music and later on when they used to be in a trance, he helped the King and his men enter our territory and because the King and his men know how to hide their scent, we couldn’t track them.’
Before I could say anything, my dad continues, ‘Alright Asher listen to me clearly. We don’t have much time left, we have to find Alyne as soon as possible because the day after tomorrow is the full moon and if he is able to mate with Alyne by the Full moon then he will be unstoppable. So we have to fast and swift.’ I nod and let my dad continue because he had more experience than me in handling such situations. Dad continues, ‘First of all, Alex you will do a thorough survey of all the soldiers and see if anyone else is missing along with Richard and then quickly prepare a set of two teams to go along with Asher and Chris in search of Alyne. In the meanwhile, I and Roger will look for more information about The King and ways about defeating the King. And Asher and Chris will get prepared to go and search for Alyne and get her back.’ We all agree to his advice and set out for the task at hand, the King was going to die soon for even laying his eyes on my Alyne and even thinking about making her his Queen.
Alyne’s P.O.V.
After the bulky guy took the King out of my prison cell, it felt like I could finally breathe. I had to figure out a way of escaping this hell and also help others escape it. And while I was busy thinking of a plan to escape, I could hear someone screaming, most probably a girl and suddenly the doors to my cell opened again and a guy threw a petite girl inside. Looking at her small crying form, I understood that it was her who was crying and screaming out there. She seemed to be a good girl but I was curious to know why was she here?
After she was roughly thrown inside the cell, she whimpered and looked around, and lastly, her eyes fell upon me. She looked curiously at me asking silently why was I here? I move and sit besides her and ask her to calm down because if we needed to escape from this hell, crying won’t help. We had to strong, brave and think rationally. And after a few minutes, her crying died down and I started narrating to her my story, why was I here, who was I, and everything right from the start. She listened carefully without making a single noise. After listening to my story, she seemed surprised to know that I had magical powers within and also tells me that she had heard about the legend of a Moon Goddess warrior with some supernatural powers from grandmother years ago but she never thought that it was not just a legend but the truth.

Here it is!! Another Chapter and I know many of you all must be waiting for a full fledged action scene but you gotta wait for it. Although I promise that all wishes will soon be fulfilled and you all will get to read an amazing action scene.
Happy Reading dear readers, and keep giving all the love and support to the book💜💜