Chapter 29

My head hurts like hell and I also had a very severe body ache, I opened my eyes with lots of difficulty. And the moment I did that, I regretted it because of the horrific scenario in front of me, someone had just set a man on fire with him still tied to the pillar in the room opposite to mine. And that’s when I decide to gaze around to have a look at my surroundings. I noticed that my hands and legs were tied with ropes and I sitting on the floor with the wall as my background support. And the room that I was kept in was dark, shabby, and had a strong stench of alcohol and dried up blood. The room looked like a prison cell, exactly similar to the one in front of me which I could see because of the iron bars used as a gate for the entrance of the room. I look further around to count how many people were there here in the prison including the prison inmates and that King’s men. And there were a total of 20 people. 7 people excluding me were kept in the prison while the other 13 were the king’s men.
I was looking around to find an escape route when suddenly the doors to my prison opened and the bulky man from earlier entered along with a person who looked familiar but I couldn’t pinpoint who was it or where did I see him. But I keep my curiosity to myself and wait for them to do or say something. But they keep quiet and the guy who looked familiar checked me out and that creeped me out. I didn’t want to be in the same room as these people but I was unlucky. Suddenly the familiar guy came forward and crouched down beside me I try and move far away from him but there wasn’t much space left between that guy and the wall, so I decided to not make any movements. And that’s when I notice it, his bright red eyes and the wheels inside my head start spinning, he was the same guy whom Asher and I had seen in the woods the other day, and it all made sense. That why a rogue was lurking around our territory. I needed to know what he wanted and why? So I gather up my courage and ask him without beating around the bush. “I know that you are the King but what do want and why?” Listening to my question he gives an evil laugh and says, “Straightforward, no beating around the bush. I like it.” I just roll my eyes at that and this seems to irritate him, huh that was good and now I knew how to get on his nerves now. Great!
He continues though, “Well it’s simple. I want you to be my queen and bear my children. So that I can become the most powerful werewolf alive on this planet.” I ask him, “How come me becoming your queen and bearing your children make you powerful?” He seems to think for a moment but answers my question anyways, “Well you see I got to know about this five years ago when I was thrown out of my pack, ‘The Walter Pack’ of the south for my misconduct in the pack and I was roaming around from place to place looking for a shelter when I met an elderly on my way who told me that if I wanted to be the most powerful werewolf alive on earth then I have got married to the warrior princess of the moon goddess who had some extraordinary powers with her and bear children with her. And since then I was searching for you but couldn’t find you anywhere but while finding you I started gathering all the rogues together and declared myself as their king so that I had my own army to fight whenever I met you. Because one thing that I knew was making you mine won’t be easy and so I did not want to take a chance. And then suddenly I got know about you a few months back when you had attacked my people and even burnt down one of them and since then I wanted to make you my queen. And now finally I get a hold of you and can have my happily ever after.”
I started laughing listening to the last part of his story that he wanted a happily ever after with me. He stood no chance, and when Asher gets to know about this fantasy of his, he will tear him to shreds, but before that let me give him a welcome gift before my mate did a good redesigning of his body. My laugh made him irritated and I was happy about the fact and just to irritate him more, I keep my hands on his shoulder while I divert his attention as I start to speak so that I could do my work easily. I say, “Tsk, Tsk, Tsk so sad, you won’t be able to have a happy like you desire, instead you will have to suffer for what you did. Remember one thing dear buddy and that is neither I nor my mate will let you live to see that day”. And I spat at him and burned his shoulder enough to leave a scar forever. This made him angry and cry out in pain, well that’s what you get to kidnap me and hurt my pack and my family.
And although he was crying out loud in pain, he made sure to slap me before he was dragged out by the bulky guy to get treated. Huh!! As if that slap would stop me from hurting and destroying him. He will soon learn his lesson and know that he messed with the wrong person this time. And he will pay for it with his life.

Thank you my dear readers for all the love and support. 💜 Happy Reading and keep supporting 🥰