Chapter 7

I did not want to beat around the bush so I directly asked Chris, "Now will you do me the favors of saying what Asher did and why?" This question put him in a spot and he didn't want to answer, instead he tried diverting the topic but I didn't let that happen. And finally, he opens his mouth to speak, "See Alyne whatever Asher said is for your own good. He cares for you just like he would do for any other pack member and a little extra care is because he knows how important you are to me and that I can't see you hurt."
I knew there was more to it than he was letting out. So I said, "Chris I understand that whatever he said was out of care for a pack member and being your sister, as well as his duty as a future Alpha but I do know that there is more to it than you are letting me know. Firstly he was so much tensed when I was unconscious and only could breathe a sigh of relief when I gained consciousness. And secondly, the concern and care he is showing towards me is not just for any pack member or because I'm your sister. He is being extra protective toward me and this does not sit right with me because even before this day, we have always fought with each other, hardly talking to each other properly if not for you guys, forget about caring. So I really don't understand his sudden change in the behavior."
Listening to me rant about all my doubts, Chris took a hold of my hand and asked me to calm down and said that for now I should not think or question much about Asher's decision regarding my safety instead follow it quietly because with time I will get to know about the real reason behind Asher's such overpowering concerns regarding me. After this being said I did not have other options but to keep quiet and wait for the time when I'll get to know about the truth and the real intentions behind Asher's actions.
Two weeks have passed by since that day, Brianna and I are totally healthy now and have also resumed college. Everything was going perfectly and I have not seen Asher even for once after that day which was good. But suddenly my friends thought that it was a good idea to go on a double date after tomorrow's last lecture, which meant that tomorrow I will have to return back home alone, which I didn't mind at all but it's just that I'll miss them. Yes, now I'm definitely acting like a crazy for being the person who doesn't like to stay in the crowds.
The rest of the day went by in a blur and before I knew it was already a new day to fight new battles against the universe. Just kidding, it was a new day, a new hope. Like planned my friends were all set for their double date after the classes. Alex and Kate would meet them at the college parking lot like the last time. And today morning I gave my car for servicing andhence  got a ride with Peter and as for Briann, well she said she was going to be late as she overslept. And asvfar as my ride back  home was concerned, about that - I was going to walk back because the walk was only about 30 minutes so it would be refreshing.
Now the classes for the day were over and Peter, Brianna, Alex, and Kate had already left for their double date. So I decided to do some reading at the college Library with not much disturbance from my two idiots and then leave for home. I was lacking behind in my studies because of the two weeks break that I had to take because of my injuries. Well, I had healed within two days but my parents wouldn't let me do anything or even sit and study at home let alone go to college, so here I'm making up for the loss.
Time passed by and I did not even notice that it was 5 in the evening already, which meant it was time to go home and I pack my stuff and leave the college premises. It's a beautiful evening with the sun almost ready to set, the cool winds passing by and all the city lights being lit up for the night. I'm walking towards my home while listening to music and appreciating the beauty of nature but suddenly my peace is disturbed when a car starts honking from behind even though I'm walking on the correct side of the road. This irritated me and now I was going to knock some sense into the person who like an idiot was honking and disturbing the peaceful evening atmosphere. And the moment I turn around to do what I said, I was shocked and even more irritated with what I saw because it was none other than Asher who was doing this stupid thing and grinning ear to ear as if he has won the world cup. Like seriously, I sometimes doubt how can such an immature person even become a responsible future Alpha?

A new chapter, please keep reading and showering all the love for the book. Thank you💕