Chapter 12

I was out the whole day, I had already switched off my phone, I even blocked everyone in mind so that they could not even contact me through the mind link. I was acting as a rogue for the day, the only difference was I did not go out of my pack borders, I stayed inside the territories only. As the day passed by my anger cooled down but I was still hurt, but I also knew that this pain of betrayal from my family won’t reduce until and unless I talk to them and clear everything out. As for where was I roaming around the whole day, I did not step into the market area nor the residence area of the pack because I knew someone or the other would notice me and eventually the whole world would get to know, so instead, I stayed in the woods, running around freely without any distraction and restrains.
But my freedom didn’t last long, I had decided that I would go back home tonight and talk to my parents and Chris about all these but before I could do any such thing, Asher showed up. Yes, freaking Asher shows up out of nowhere, even when I told him to not follow me. I was sitting by the lake and it was early evening right now, the sun was ready to set spreading its last rays for the day when suddenly I could smell that intoxicating amazing fragrance of chocolate and Vanilla and I knew that it was none other than Asher. And I was furious seeing him, why the hell did he have to follow me when I strictly asked him to not do so. But obviously, why would he listen to me, he had to do the exact opposite.
I was sitting by the lake when he came and sat beside me, I wanted to actually hug him and it was all the mate bond working and nothing else. Stupid mate bond. The first few minutes after he came and sat beside me passed in silence, I knew he was waiting for me to say something. But I wasn’t going to. I wanted to test his patience and I was a hundred percent sure that his patience was going to run out soon and voila that what happened. His angry voice echoed through the forest. “What do you think of yourself Alyne? Firstly you run away and spend the whole night out then again in the morning you vanish away without letting anyone contact you. Are you insane? Look, I understand you are upset but who the hell gave you the right to do such a thing? Do you even know how worried we were when we couldn’t contact you? How irresponsible can you be”
I was fuming and my breaths came in short pants, I was trying hard to not punch him, but one more word and he would know how it feels like to get punched by your own mate. I was not answering and that only angered Asher more and he asked loudly, “Now will you answer dammit?” And the hell broke loose, I punched him. Yes, I fucking punched Asher and his nose started to bleed. While caressing his nose, he gave me death glares and threatened me that, “I have to pay for it.” Accepting the challenge, I confidently said, “We shall see” and ran away but at that time I did not know what a huge mistake I was committing. I very nicely had asked the devil to come and hunt me down when I had punched Asher and ran away.
I was running with all my might, I was so close to exit the forest and enter the living area but luck was definitely not on my side today. Because before I could do such a thing Asher’s big black Woolf pinned me down from behind and held me in his snout and went deep into the forest again. I was struggling hard to free myself from his stronghold but couldn’t so I shouted, “Fucking let me go otherwise you will not like the consequences” and eventually he let me go. Once I fell on the ground, I tried standing up but Asher didn’t let me, he still kept pinned down with his arms and then suddenly went back to his human form. And now I could see him in all his naked glory, so I quickly closed my eyes to shut off the hot but embarrassing sight.

Sorry for the delay, there has been a kid pestering me and asking me when will I update the next chapter, so here it is. Happy reading 💕