Chapter 2

We reached the restaurant and found it quite empty, which was good because I did not like crowds, they made me feel sick. We quickly sat and ordered our foods, even though the place was not quite packed, it took quite some time for the food to arrive. But that was okay because the food was tasty. We were enjoying food with some beer, also talking about random topics. Time flew by and we were almost done with our food, that’s when the expression on Alex’s face changed, his baby blue eyes were turning a  dark blue which meant he was being mind linked by someone. Soon, he was back to normal and Brianna asked him, who was that? To which he replied, it was Asher asking about our whereabouts, and listening to that I rolled my eyes.
Well, I did that because I was not a big fan of Asher, I always tried my best to ignore him but luck hardly stayed on my side. I did not like him because he was a bully and he bullied me in high school because back then I was a bit chubbier, but that soon changed when I started training after my high school was over. This one reason which I can exactly pinpoint but there were ten other as well which I could nor explain or point a finger on. In conclusion, I ignored him as best as I could.
So, after that Alex asked us to finish our food fast so that we could leave. When done eating, Patrick went to the counter to pay the bill and the rest of us would transfer him our shares online, quick and easy. We all were about to leave the restaurant and that’s when we smelt them. The rouges. What were they doing here? Well, the place was out of any pack territory so anyone could come and go as they pleased but still detecting rouges was not good.  Deciding it was best to leave right away, we went towards our cars without wasting a minute. At the parking space, Alex suggested that Brianna should drive me so that, I was not alone and if something happened we could fight together, I was against the idea but in the end had to agree, when he blackmailed me saying otherwise he was going tell Asher because he anyways was asking about us. But before we all could enter our cars, we saw them, the rogues looking around the parking space as if they had already sensed other werewolves in the vicinity. Not wanting to have a face-off at a friendly place where even humans came, we quickly left for our pack.
Soon enough we had hit the road, and were almost midway to reach the pack but this happiness did not stay for long when we sensed the rogues following us. Now we had to distract the rogues so Alex told us a strategy and that was for all of us to go 3 different ways and then reach the pack. We agreed to it, we all went different ways but were given strict instructions by Alex, that we were to call for help to Asher and my brother Chris whenever needed. At that point, I had agreed but was very sure that I won’t be doing any such thing.
This trick helped, I guess because we couldn’t see or smell any rogues for the next ten minutes. But suddenly our car came to a screeching halt when out of nowhere four rogues came dashing towards our car. But we couldn’t smell them, that means they hid their scents, quite intelligent. Brianna understanding the situation, quickly mind linked Alex and Peter asking whether they also were attacked by the rogues or not?  And they confirmed it with a simple yes. Having no time to spare, we got ready to fight, I told Brianna that we will first try and fight them in our human forms, and only if needed we shift to our wolves, to which she nodded. We got out of the cars and took positions, we had 4 rogues in total with all of them standing in a semi-circle in front of us, and before we would start the fight I had to know their reason for attacking us because we did not do any harm to them. So why? And I asked them, “Why are you guys attacking us? What have we done to you all?” To which one of the guys replied, “don’t talk much girl, just keep quiet be ready to die.” And gave a sinister laugh.
It only made us cringe and made me think about what will happen to them when I fight for real? But I had to be careful because I can’t let them know the real me.