Chapter 22

At home, I couldn’t sleep properly because my mind was not at rest and I constantly thought about the attack, the puzzle, and what are the others discussing, and what strategy are they making against ‘The King’, so forth, and so on. I woke up early the next morning, got changed, and rushed to meet the Alpha as I just couldn’t contain my curiosity anymore. I quickly ran towards the packhouse but I couldn’t smell anyone over there. Where could have Alpha, dad, Chris, and Asher gone? So I mind link Chris to ask where they were but I was met with disappointment as he had kept his link closed. So I try talking to Asher then my dad and even the Alpha but all of them had kept their links closed. I tried calling each of them but all their phones were switched off. I even asked my mom and the Luna about them but even they couldn’t be of much help. I asked Alex and other warriors as well about them but even they no idea about where could the four of them could go. This had started to piss me, how could they first ask to meet me first thing in the morning after not including me in the meeting even when I was going to be their future Luna and now they all were missing and I couldn’t even contact them.
I was angry, sad, and disappointed maybe even because none of them thought that it was important for their future Luna to know what is going and how do they plan to handle everything? Disheartened I go and sit by the lake, Irene is also very angry and sad about everyone’s behavior. I spent hours sitting by the lake doing nothing but thinking about various things, also about the puzzle that Asher needs to solve before 48 hours end. I was also worried because time was running out of our hands. And the more I thought about the puzzle the more bad feeling I had about the answer to the puzzle. I hated being put in tight spots, situations going out of my hands and people disrespecting but this exactly what was happening with me right now. I had no control over how things would turn out.
And above all, this was the stupid mate bond that just intensified after yesterday Asher marked me. The need to be near Asher was high, I wanted to see him, meet him, talk to him, or at least being able to smell his scent which would calm down my raging mind but yet again I was unable to do any of it. And not being able to do as I wished made me irritated and pissed off, I just hope that someone out there would not have to face my anger because I’m sure the consequences won’t be good and no one is going to like that.
It was three in the afternoon when I decided to go back home and rest because I was tired of waiting for them to return. Although on my way back home Brianna asked me to meet her at the pack coffee house for some coffee as she to discuss a few things related to college. I agree to meet her as I had nothing better to do. And soon I find myself sitting with Brianna discussing college stuff at the coffee house. We werewolves anyways have good senses and we could smell anything even from a mile away but now that I had got a mark of an Alpha on me, my senses heightened even more and that’s how I had got to know that Asher and people were back in the packhouse, as the coffee shop was nearby and I could smell Asher sitting right there.
I wanted answers from all of them so I quickly leave the place to go back to the packhouse and ask everyone why they did whatever they did? Brianna wanted to tag along but I said that this is not the right time and I shall soon let her and Peter know about everything but at this moment she needs to have a little more patience. The moment I enter the packhouse, I could see that everyone in the house was tensed and was maybe because the Alpha was worried. Because the pack usually feels various kinds of emotions through the link whatever their Alpha feels. I run all the way to Alpha’s office and the minute I open the door I meet four shocked faces of the Alpha, Asher, Chris, and my dad as if they never expected me to come and meet them when they were out the whole day without any news about them.
I quietly enter the room and wait for them to answer all my unasked questions but all of them stand quietly as if they were clueless about what to say and whatnot. I was very much pissed off and irritated already but these actions of theirs only added to the already ready to erupt volcano. I firstly take deep breaths to calm myself down and then very politely ask them, whether they were ready to answer all my questions? But they obviously had to mess it up by saying that they shall inform me about everything later on, once they were able to find the answer to the puzzle. And this statement blew away the last straw of patience that I had and I angrily was about to march out of the Alpha’s office when Asher tries to stop me by holding my wrist and that’s it. It was the moment when the volcano erupted and poor Asher had to burn into the molten lava that came out of the volcano.

Sorry for the long wait, but here's another chapter for all you. Keep reading and the love coming💜