Chapter 4

Asher’s POV:
I’m Asher and I’m 23, a soon to be Alpha, currently, I’m training under my dad in understanding how to run a pack properly and the title will be passed down to me when I’ll have my Luna by my side, until then my dad was the Alpha and my mom the Luna. I have always lead a pretty much carefree life, not bothering much about others and doing what I wanted. Well, that was the case until I met her, my mate. A beautiful young soul but she did not know yet that she was my mate because she was not yet 21 but was soon going to be. And I’m eagerly waiting for that day when she will get to know that I’m her mate.
Well you see, because she doesn’t yet know that I’m her mate, I have to be very careful around her so that when she learns about the truth it will be easier for her to accept it because since childhood we have never been close enough to even talk properly if not for Chris. Yes, yes you all have guessed it right, Alyne is my mate.
The first time I got to know that she is my mate was two years ago on my 21st birthday, she was present there as it was a celebration for everyone in the pack that their future Alpha has turned 21 and was soon to find his Luna, so it was a happy occasion for everyone. She was clad in dark blue jeans shorts and a baby pink halter neck top along with an off white cardigan and a pair of white vans. Always so simple yet so elegant. I have met her before countless times but that just when the clock struck midnight a lavender rose smell hit me and my Woolf Rey started shouting Mate, that’s our mate.
I was astonished to find out that Alyne, Chris’s kid sister was my mate. Well, technically she was not a kid and was 19 at that time but Chris always cared for her like she was a kid. I did not know what to do or think because back then, Alyne and I were not even close to being friends, we were practically strangers who just knew about each other through their families, if not for them we would not even talk to each other even for the sake of it. And it was still the same yet we were destined to be mates by the moon goddess.
I did not know how to process this huge thing but more than that I was scared that Alyne might reject me because since childhood we have never been on good terms and once upon a time I also bullied her when in school. So I decided to keep mum about it and also asked my parents, Chris, and his family to keep it a secret till Alyne finds out that I’m her mate. They were not very happy about it but agreed for our sake and considering our cold relationship. And since then it has been a very difficult journey for me and Rey to control ourselves whenever we saw her with some other guy or when we couldn’t hold her near to us and we had to just satisfy ourselves by looking at her from afar. All of it would have been impossible without my parents and Chris’s support. He helped me by giving constant updates about her and always letting me know about her whereabouts and that was not enough but it was okay, I could at least continue living.
But what happened today scared me to death, when I got to know that Alyne and her friends were attacked by rogues, I could only think of her safety first and also wanted to go help her but Chris tells me that she would never accept this and I should let her fight her own battles, having no other option I had to step back and patiently wait for their return. And the moment she stepped out of the car all bruised and hurt, I wanted to hold her tight in my arms and never let her go, but I couldn’t do that because her friends were around, if it was only our family I would have done within a blink of an eye, but now I could only helplessly watch her being taken care of by her family and friends.
It's been 5 hours since her return and she had not yet gained her consciousness, and it was scaring me, though the pack doctor Evelina said that she is going to be alright and will soon gain her consciousness. I was just constantly praying to the moon goddess that let Alyne be safe and I didn’t need anything else. Soon enough my prayers were answered when she slowly opened her eyes and looked around to see where she was? I wanted to keep her in my room in the packhouse but Chris made me understand that we might have to answer many Questions then and so she was given the best guest room of the packhouse to rest for the while. But seeing her gain her consciousness was a relief for me and I relaxed.

Keep on reading 😁