Chapter 23

Asher’s P.O.V.
Alyne was sad and angry over the fact that we did not inform her about our whereabouts and when she came in to meet dad and ask for answers no one dared to say her anything because the situations were just getting out of our hands and we were yet to solve the puzzle and solve the mystery ahead of us so that we are done with the King for once and all. And she was not at all happy about it, and in anger, she tried to leave the room and go away but I quickly hold her hand to stop her and explain everything to her. Anyways it was torture for me and my wolf Rey as we had to stay away from our mate for so long just after we had marked her and now we did not want any misunderstandings between us that would just increase the distance between us.
But what I was not expecting was her outburst and her secret to come out which had been hiding so nicely till date. The moment I held her hand to stop her to clear all the misunderstandings I was burned the moment Alyne’s hand touched my chest to push me away and I got the biggest shock of life when I saw flames coming out of her hands and my shirt being burned down to ashes.
Alyne, Roger, and Chris got scared the moment they saw their secret being unfolded in front of me and my dad. Alyne seemed lost and didn’t know what to do so she quickly took her hand away from my chest and sat down on the floor with a hand on her head, whereas Chris came to my rescue and to check whether I was alright while Roger was worriedly looking at my dad who stood there with his mouth partly open and at loss of words. I did not know how to react but suddenly all the wheels started turning in my head and I had got the answer to the puzzle, that we were looking for. The one whom the King wanted was none other than my Alyne. Alyne is the one who bears the fire in her, and she was a white wolf who is considered to be the defender of the universe and obviously when she gives birth to a baby, there are high chances that baby might inherit all those powers and make the pack even more powerful. So the King wanted my Alyne but I can’t let that happen, I have to protect her at all costs and I will do that even if I have to start a war against the King.
And now that I had the answers to the puzzle, I started to wonder why did anyone of us not know about Alyne’s powers and was she planning to hide from me all life long? I look at Alyne and she sits scared not looking at anyone and looking at her scared form sitting on the floor lost in her own thoughts broke my heart. Yes, I was angry and sad over the fact that I, her own mate did not know about her powers but at least sure of one thing that they might have their reasons. Soon, I hear Chris clearing his throat to gain our attention and once we all were looking at him, he quickly came to Alyne and picked her up to make her sit on the couch, and then he starts with the story about Alyne’s powers. Chris starts, “I know Alpha and Asher, you people might be shocked to find it out about Alyne’s powers, and believe me, it was the same with us when got to know about her powers when she turned sixteen. It was a few days after she had her first shift. We still remember the day very clearly, as if it had happened only yesterday.”
“Alyne came back home from school and she was in bad mood already because of some issues in school, so without even properly talking to mom, she went to her room to rest but she was unable to do so as someone showed up at our house and it was none other than my bitch of an aunt who had not only dared showed up at hour home but also had insulted my mom like always for not belonging from an Alpha, Beta or a Delta family. I or dad wasn’t home yet and Alyne had heard all this and it triggered her anger and within minutes Alyne’s hands were on my Aunt’s throat and fire oozed out of her hands burning down that bitch’s throat but thankfully I happened to reach home the exact time and save Alyne from committing a murder of a family member. Yes, I know that it is perfectly fine for us werewolves to takes lives for safety reasons but nor did I or my family wanted her to do something like that at a young age and that too a namesake family member. And that’s how we got to know that she had powers in her and whenever she is angry like super angry she emits fire. We had never expected such a thing and she had yet not learned how to control her powers and letting everybody know about it might make people fear her and not let them be friends with her or be around her. So, for her sake we had decided to keep it a secret from everyone until needed.”
After listening to Chris, I did not know what else to say, I just felt bad about the fact that my mate, my Alyne had to go through all this all alone, like yes she had her family’s support but I wish I could have been more hostile and friendly towards her back then.

Really sorry for the late updates, but here it is!!! Happy Reading and do let me know your thoughts about the story in the comment section. Shower all the love possible 🎊💜