Chapter 16

After the whole fiasco at the college parking area, Asher drove us to a cozy restaurant named, 'The Bells' nearby the city entrance. The restaurant was a small, cozy place run by a middle-aged human couple, Stephen and Joey and Asher seems to be a regular customer here, so we didn't have to wait much to get seated. Once settled down on our seats, Asher ordered for 'The Bells special' without even asking me but I did not question much because he was a regular here, so it's obvious that he would know the speciality here. Well there was a long silence after he ordered our food, and the silence was neither awkward nor comforting, so to break the silence I asked the question that I have been wanting to ask since the time he practically forcefully kidnapped me and brought me here, 'What and why was he doing all this?'. So I do ask him, "Asher, can you please do the honours of telling the reason behind you kidnapping me and bringing me here?"
To which he answers, "First of all yes, I would surely do the honours of answering you my love, and secondly, I did not kidnap you, but you came along with me on your own, I just had to manipulate the situation in my favour a bit and voila you follow me like a good girl." I just roll my eyes on listening to this and ask him to not waste time and tell the actual reason behind doing all this. He then takes a long breath and starts speaking, " Ok so listen carefully, alright?" I just nod and he continues, "It's been so long since you have found that I'm your mate and still there is no progress in our relationship. I'm not saying that we have to take our relationship to the last stage that is declaring love for each other, marking each other, and then consummating the relationship today itself. But what makes me sad is that we hardly even talk, it is just like before, we won't talk until necessary. Why is that? And it also seems that you always tend to run away even before a moment could happen. You get all awkward around me and I also feel like that you don't seem to like me much. I feel like I have hundreds of questions with no answers because you and only you seem to be the answer to all my questions. And, right now what I expect from you is, to be honest about your feelings with me even if they are all against me. Please it's a request."
I quietly let him talk first and then when he was done talking, I take in a sharp breath and start talking but before I could utter any word other than 'Look' our food arrived. Once Stephen set our plates on the table and said, "Bon Appetite", I had a look at the plate to see that it was my favourite double cheeseburger meal consisting of a large burger, fries, and coke. I was at least happy looking at the food. But I suddenly remember that we were in between a very important discussion, so I quickly taste a fry and continue my talk which got interrupted when Stephen came with the food. I say, "Look Asher, I know you may feel that we are going super slow with our relationship and it is bound to happen when you like found your mate two years ago, but it is not like I'm not trying. I'm trying my best but it may be considered very less as compared to yours. And the matter concerning me not liking you, well, I won't exactly say that I don't like you nor would I say I like you. It's kind of complicated. And if you remember, you would know how you used to bully me along with your friends in high school for me being slightly overweight and when that changed you started irritating me by calling different names, pulling pranks, and what not. And all of these definitely made me go away from you and then we made sure to ignore each other for the sake of one's sanity. And then I started seeing you only as my future Alpha and my brother's best friend that's it but suddenly I come to know that the person I ignored the most and kind of had a troubled childhood with and who is supposed to be my future Alpha is my 'MATE'. Do you really think it is easy for me to accept all these and move on?"
This makes him stop eating and start thinking and after a few minutes, he replies, " No, it won't be easy for you and it would wrong of me to even expect that from you but you do have to understand you have some duties to follow as the future Luna of the pack and for that the sooner you start working out on your insecurities the better for you. Alyne, I'm ready to wait for you but my parents.... They want their son's mate to move in and start a new family as soon as possible. And I'm really sorry that you have to go through all of these alone but I can and want to help you. So why don't we at least start with being friends? We can talk, share things and spend time with each other just like friends do, and then slowly we can move forward, what do you say?"

I'm back with a new update, sorry for not being regular and thank you for putting up with me. Please show some love and happy reading 💜