Chapter 20

By the time I reached home, I still had an hour and a half to get ready and reach the venue. The dress gifted to me by Asher’s parents was white and it was a mermaid-style gown, which I was not very fascinated with because wearing that meant I will not be able to move freely. But it’s not like I could change it so, I had to wear whatever was selected by Asher’s family. And because I did not have to put much effort into selecting what I had to wear, I quickly got ready and left for the venue. My parents had already left some time ago and asked me to join them as soon as I get ready.  The whole I was not in contact with Asher and was going to meet him only at the ceremony, so I was kind of excited and scared to meet him. Excited because I kind of missed him and would meet him after a whole and scared because I did not know what would happen after the formal introduction and the marking ceremony. I quickly got dressed and went to the open ground at the center of the pack where the ceremony was arranged for tonight. Once I reached the venue, I saw everyone present there, my parents, Chris, the Alpha, the Luna, and Asher. Asher looked dashing, hot, and mouth-watering in his black tuxedo. I control my raging hormones and go and greet them and stand beside Asher and wait for the ceremony to start.
Soon enough Alpha went on the stage and said, “ Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen and our dear little kids to the formal introduction ceremony of the Luna. And without wasting much time, I shall call upon stage our future Alpha and the Luna, to begin with, the ceremony. Asher and Alyne please come on stage.” And I get nervous dreading the moment because once Asher marks me, there wouldn’t be any going back instead we will be tied together forever. It’s not like I didn’t want to be with him but I always felt that I wasn’t his type and he was accepted me only because of the mate bond. And seeing me not moving and lost in my thoughts Asher comes towards me and whispers, “Are you alright? Will you be able to do it?” This brings me out of my reverie and I nod stating that, ‘Yes, I’m ready and I can do it.’
Asher holds my hand and this simple act itself gave me goosebumps and I ignore the butterflies in the pit of my stomach and take steps towards the stage. Once we were standing on the stage, the Alpha called the elders on stage to begin the ceremony. The elders started the ceremony by chanting some prayers to the moon goddess first and then asked us to do some offerings to the moon goddess and lastly asked Asher to mark me. The moment I was dreading the most was here. Everyone was excited to witness the marking ceremony of their new Luna but I was nervous and Asher could sense it, so he came forward and whispered in my ears, “Alyne relax, we can stop the moment you want me to stop. Believe in me, alright?” I just nod and ask him, “Is it going to be painful?” To which he answers, “Yes, it might be a bit painful at the starting but as time passes it would only give you pleasure and nothing else.” And yet again I nod my head, stating that I have understood, whatever he explained.
Then Alpha asks Asher to mark me and complete the Luna introduction ceremony. Asher was already standing close to me but when asks him to mark me he comes even more closer and then holds my neck gently and tilts my head thirty degrees to the right so that he could have better access to the left side of my neck where he has to mark me, the place right between my ear and the shoulder. And this extremely close proximity throws my heart in a frenzy, I try hard to calm my racing heart but it’s useless. Instead, my heart is about to break out from my rib cage as Asher positions his canines ready to mark me. The moment his canines touch my sensitive skin and pierces in, I cry out a low growl but soon enough just like Asher had mentioned, the pain turns into total pleasure and I grow hot. And this is not the correct time it but the pleasure reaches it’s peak when Asher quickly places a soft kiss on the mark, I was still holding Asher tightly and because I had grown hot, my palms emitted sparks involuntarily and I quickly released, only to see his shocked face. He didn’t understand what happened and before he could question me anything about what had just happened, the Alpha and the Luna congratulated us and so did everyone else.
I knew that very soon I had to give him an explanation regarding the emitting of fire sparks from my palms and I would need Chris to help me out with it, so I make sure to tell him through the mind link whatever had happened during the marking, and he says that we shall figure something out and explain Asher everything and I shall now relax. Listening to Chris supporting me eventually made me relaxed and thanked the goddess for gifting me with such a wonderful elder brother, I was indeed lucky to have Chris as my brother. After everyone had congratulated us, I walked down the stage and towards my parents who were beaming with joy and couldn’t contain their happiness. The moment I go and stand in front of them my dad and mom pull me into a long hug and give me blessings and lots of kisses congratulating me for becoming the future Luna of the pack.
But this happiness was interrupted when I saw Alex running towards Asher and the Alpha and he was panting very hard, as if he had run a marathon. Huffing and puffing he says, “Alpha, Alpha the rogues have attacked our men at the southern border.” “No, No not again, not today at least. Come on what do these rogues want?” I question in annoyance.

Here's another story and the part the most of you have been waiting for sure. It will just keep on getting better and interesting. Continue reading 💕 Thank You.