Chapter 27

Alyne’s P.O.V:
I was sleeping peacefully but suddenly I woke up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare and also to find out that the place beside me is empty. I look around to see where Asher was to only find him standing in the balcony all tensed and worked up. I slowly tiptoe towards the balcony and hug Asher from behind, he became tensed at first but eventually calmed down in my embrace. While I lay my head on Asher’s broad back he asked why was I awake and not sleeping? I tell him that I suddenly woke up because of a nightmare and then couldn’t go back to sleep. He just ‘hmmed’ for the response which was very unlike Asher as he always had something to say even in trivial matters. So I make him sit on the chair on my balcony and I place myself on his lap and he still seemed lost if it would have any other then he would have been super excited about the fact that I was taking such initiative to be closer to him.
Seeing that he was still very quiet and made no attempts of talking to me, I take the chance to ask him what was the matter? “ Asher, what is bothering you? Why are you so quiet and lost? What happened?” He thankfully responds, “Alyne I know we are still far away from being perfect partners and soulmates and our start was also not very nice with me bullying you and then you staying away from me and I feel like I have wasted so much time in all this bullshit where I could have loved you and cared for you more but no, nothing of that sort happened and when finally we are together giving a chance to our relationship, all this is happening. Someone out there is waiting to snatch you away from me. Challenging me to take away my life from me and I feel like I am unable to do anything. There are so many what if’s going on in my head that I don’t even know if I’m making any sense to you right now. I just feel lost and there is one thing that I have come to learn is that there is no Asher without Alyne.”
I silently cried listening to him because I had never seen him so broken and lost in life, this was a totally new side of him for me but I liked his vulnerability as much as I liked his strong Alpha side. But right now I had to make him understand that no such thing was going to happen and we still had enough time left to solve out our differences and live a happy life together, so I say, “Asher I know that we did not have a good start to our relationship but that doesn’t mean that we won’t have a bright and happy future ahead. And always remember one thing that no matter what happens Alyne will always belongs to the Alpha.”
Listening to this he holds me tight and inhales my scent which calms him and Rey down and we go and get some sleep before the difficult day waiting ahead of us.
Next Morning…
I woke up to an empty bed but found a sticky note posted on the mirror which said, ‘I woke up early as I had a meeting with dad and the others so couldn’t wait for you to wake up. Love- Asher’ That instantly put a smile on my face. But unfortunately, I couldn’t sit here and daydream about my beloved mate because I had to go to college for my assignment submission, so I quickly get up and dash to the bathroom to get changed. After the shower, I message Peter and Brianna to meet me at the college entrance and they quickly agree to it.
After a tasty breakfast prepared by mom, I dash off to college and as decided I meet Peter and Brianna at the college entrance. And the first thing that we do after meeting each other is to choke each other out with our hugs because with everything that was going on in the pack we hardly had any time to talk to each other forget about spending some quality time with each other. But eventually, we had to let go of each other and submit our papers first otherwise we would flunk in our class. But we had decided to meet at the cafeteria before we all headed back home.
After submitting my paper, I made a run towards the cafeteria as I really wanted to spend some quality time with my friends and had a lot of things to share with them. But it has been 20 minutes since I’m waiting for them but they haven’t shown up yet, I also messaged them asking about their whereabouts and both of them messaged me saying another 5 minutes and they will be here. Till then I should order some food because they were starving. I do as told and was walking back to my table with my cup of coffee when suddenly a boy who was around 15 or 16 came and said that my friends were waiting for me at the parking lot and had asked me to meet them there. And he ran away before I could ask him anything more, but that was strange why would they do such a thing and even if they were at the parking lot, they would have either called or messaged me and not asked some random person to pass on the message. I knew something was wrong so I decide to go to the parking lot and see what was all this about but only if I had known that what big of a mistake I was doing. I was practically walking towards my doom but like they always say that some things are meant to happen for a reason and maybe just maybe all of this also had a reason.

New update!!! PLEASE STAY TUNED TO KNOW WHAT WRONG DID ALYNE DO? WHY WAS SHE SAYING THAT SHE WAS WALKING TOWARDS HER OWN DOOM? Want to know what happens next then please keep some patience and till then Happy Reading 📚 💜