40

In the end, Angelina merely greeted the duke, but she didn't act all intimately and spoiled like a Evelina did

They went back inside and went to the drawing room.

The maids already have prepared the snacks and tea on the table.

The air smelled sweet and gave off a cozy and relaxing atmosphere.

They all found a place to sit and began chatting happily. Only Angelina felt awkward.

Evelina chatted with the duke for quite a while. Angelina didn't pay much attention, she merely sipped her tea quietly and observed.

The topic eventually came to Evelina and Angelina's classes and progress.

"My studies have been very well, father! I was praised extremely for my flower arranging skills!"

"Good job, Eve!"

"I expected nothing less from my sister" Alex said proudly.

Angelina wasn't surprised. In her past life, Evelina was known for her flower arrangement skills.

"How about you, lina? I've never actually asked about your studies..." Surprisingly, it was the duke who asked.

"Hm? Oh. It's been very well. I've also been praised a lot from my teachers." Angelina responded calmly while sipping her tea.

"Oh...really?"

"I heard from Lina's teachers that, Lina is a very good and intelligent student" the duchess sipped her tea "I also heard Lina was particularly best at politics, economics, and embroidery"

Evelina was still smiling but Angelina noticed her smile slightly stiffened.

"Oh?..... very good, Angelina." The duke coughed "you have only returned for a few months, yet your able to catch up to your studies. I'll make sure to reward you one day."

"Thank you, father. I will continue to work hard" Angelina smiled gently.

"......"

"......"

Alex and Evelina's expression darkened. To Evelina, it was like her heart was being pricked by countless needles.

When she heard words of praise from the duke and duchess, she flinched.

No, she can't let Angelina overshadow her like this!

"My...I'm quite impressed, sister. But don't overwork yourself. What if you fall I'll again?" Evelina was portraying herself as a caring and worried sister.

But her seemingly innocent words carried a different meaning. One that Angelina knew very well.

"But don't overwork yourself. What if you fall I'll again?" [So what if you work hard? Your nothing but a weak, delicate, and frail lady]

"......" Angelina's eyes darkened. She truly did underestimate Evelina in the past.

If she was still how she was before, she would've never read to much of Evelina's words. But now she would no longer underestimate or overlook Evelina.

After all, Evelina did win in the past.

"You need not worry about me, elder sister. I have felt extremely better since I've recovered. I feel much more energetic and refreshed than ever before." Angelina flashed a smile towards Evelina.

Evelina smiled back.

To others, this scene would look like a moment of sisterly bond. Only Angelina and Evelina could feel the tension between themselves.