5

"My debut..?" I muttered. I forgot about that for a moment.

"Oh right....you probably don't know much of these type of things. Well at the age of fourteen, all noble ladies will make their debut into society and when you debut, you'll be able to get engaged!" The duchess paused before adding, "Oh we must get you prepared! Your already started late because of your illness, so we need to get on your studies immediately! You'll be the prettiest girl on your debut party!"

The duchess seems like a quiet person but once she starts talking to me, she doesn't seem to want to stop...

When the duchess was talking about my future, I merely smiled and nodded.

*****

'My debut huh....'

I remember my past life's debut. My debut went well, and it was that time where the announcement of my engagement with chase was made.

Evelina is 14, and she already made her debut. I don't remember anything about her debut as no one went up to talk to her, and she didn't really stand out.

I think she wore a light blue gown, with a bow as the centerpiece. The dress was basic and too simple for a debut.

She was criticized by the other noble ladies, but I didn't feel pity for her. It's true she was ignorant, she called everyone "sister" even if they were extremely below her status.

There only two families that could match up to the royal family, it was the Bailey household and the Skyler household.

So Evelina made a fool of herself on her own debut party. I used to think she was just dumb, but now that I saw the real her, she might be doing that on purpose for some reason.

"argghhhh... whatever!"

"Miss?"

I've been reading so many books these days that my eyes hurt. But there is a reason on why I'm doing this. It's about time I make a move.

"Um miss!"

"Oh.. what is it.. Marie?"

"Miss should sleep more early as the duchess has arranged miss some tutors, so miss has to use more energy tommorow."

"Oh..she did...."

' that's a lot faster that I thought...I still have a year before my debut..but I guess the duchess must think I need to catch up on my studies'

"Marie I would like some warm water before I sleep"

"Oh! Yes of course miss!"

Marie quickly ran out of the room to get me some warm water. Soon Marie came back with my warm water.

As I was drinking the water, something came to mind.

"Is the work to hard for you Marie?"

"Um.. no? Why miss?"

"I've been thinking about getting a new maid.."

" Ah! Miss wants to replace me..!?"

"What..!? Oh no! I just thought you might need some help...and it's only appropriate I have more than one maid!"

".....so miss isn't gonna replace me...?"

"Well..of course not!"

"...yay!"

Marie who was just in tears a second ago now had a cheerful smile on her face.

"Pfft...oh Marie..."