78

As soon as Angelina arrived back in her room, she let out a long sigh.

She hated to admit it. But it was true that her heart still pained when hearing Evelina brag about her 'love' with Chase.

Angelina's hands were clenched into a tight fist. She glanced around the room and confirmed that Marie has yet to return.

Knowing that, she felt slightly more at eased. She felt comfortable around Marie, but she still had to keep up a certain act.

Her gaze fell upon the wooden music box placed on her bed. She walked up to it slowly, before lifting it up and walking over to her closet.

She gently put down the music box back where she found it. Making sure it doesn't fall or get damaged.

After she was done, she was prepared to close the closet, but then she saw the luxurious gown she wore on her debut ball.

Seeing the gown, she remembered something. It reminded her of how truly little her influence was in the mansion.

Her debut ball would be completely ruined if it weren't for someone else's help.

She didn't like that feeling. The feeling of owing someone.

She had relied on the Marquess previously in her life, and once she lost her use, he abandoned her. The moment he abandoned her like a useless tool, she lost everything.

She didn't want to rely on people too much. She was worried that they too would toss her aside once she lost her use, and she would lose everything again.

Angelina sat down behind her desk and opened a locked drawer.

At that exact moment, the door opener quietly and Marie entered.

"Huh? Oh, miss. Is there something you need?" Marie entered while carrying a pile of newly washed dresses.

"Actually...Marie"

"Yes miss?" Marie put the pile of dresses away.

"I have to bother you with calling the head maid."

"The head maid? Uhmm..alright.." although Marie was confused, she didn't ask. She knew her miss has a reason for everything she does.

*****************
"Head maid!" A female servant approcahed the head maid.

"Huh? What is it? If it's not important, do not bother me. I'm quite busy!" The head maid said with indifference and annoyance.

"But....Marie told me the youngest lady is looking for you..."

"What did you say? Did you say the youngest lady?" The head maid was no longer indifferent to what the female servant had said.

After some consideration, the head maid agreed.

The head maid exited her office and saw Marie waiting for her by the kitchen door.

"Head maid" Marie bowed and greeted her.

"Hmph!" The head maid did not give Marie a glance. She arrogantly raise her head and humped.

Marie has already expected this outcome. She knows the head maid is an arrogant, cocky, and rude woman.

*****************
Marie lowered her head as she opened the door to Angelina's room for the head maid.

"......" The first thing the head maid saw when she entered the room, was the silver haired lady's back view as she stared out the window.

"This servant greets the youngest lady of the mansion" the head maid gritted her teeth as she forced herself to bow to one of the mansion's masters.