46

As Angelina walked back to her room, her mocking grin never once dimmed.

When Marie asked her why she gave her carefully embroidered handkerchief to Evelina, Angelina said nothing but let out a quiet chuckle.

*********

The next day, during breakfast.

The family once again gathered inside the dining room and ate together.

Perhaps it was because the countess passed away and everyone wanted to mourn together, or maybe it was because they all wanted to hear about Angelina's experience at the Casspan estate.

The duke was the first to ask.

"Angelina, what happened when you were at the Casspan estate?"

"Well I tried my best to be polite and it seems that marquess and marchioness Casspan liked me a lot."

"Oh... that's good" then the duke shifted his gaze towards Evelina.

Evelina held her fork tightly and her expression looked panicked.

"What did they say, Lina?" The duchess asked happily.

"Well they said I was very knowledgeable" Angelina said as she wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"Good!" The Duchess smiled proudly.

"Well what did young master Chase say?" Alex asked smiling. But his eyes showed a hint of mockery.

"Well he said....I was ...cute" as she said this, Angelina deliberately put on a slightly more flushed and shy expression.

"Is that so..." Alex's eyebrows twitched.

"Well I'm sure he'll think Eve is even cuter" the duke laughed.

'are you not even trying to hide your biasness anymore?' Angelina had the urge to roll her eyes.

"Um....father"

"Yes, Eve?"

"Well...I was just thinking...how about...I come by the Casspan mansion and say hello...?"

"You sure?"

"Of course! I haven't seen the Casspan couple in a long time. What if they think I'm too unfilial to become their daughter in law?" Evelina said with a bashful expression.

'oh? Are you that excited to be in laws with them?' this time Angelina really did roll her eyes. Fortunately no one else saw that... exept for Alex.

Seeing Angelina roll her eyes towards Evelina, Alex frowned.

He found her increasingly hateable each day.

"Well make sure to inform them before hand. It would be rude to show up suddenly."

"Yes, father!"

***********

As Evelina eagerly prepared for her visit to the Casspan estate, Angelina could only ponder what she planned to do.

She had a weird feeling....like something was gonna happen...

***********

Evelina chose her best dress and Carol carefully did Evelina's hair.

Evelina wore a bright blue gown, her hair was tied in half ponytail, and she wore chandelier earings.

As she got on the carriage, Evelina looked back and smirked at Angelina.

Angelina furrowed her brows. What was she planning to do?

***********
After they arrived in front of the Casspan mansion, Evelina eagerly got off the carriage. Ignoring the maid who reached out her hand to help her down.