121

Cecilia returned to the mansion in anger. She couldn't believe she was humiliated in such a way! She was not going to forget this!

Ever since that day, Cecilia started attending small parties held by the noble ladies. During those parties, she boasted her painting skills, claiming it is ever better than the popular Angel's works. She also didn't hide her dislike towards Angel.

Angelina knew this. But she just let it be. All of Cecilia's actions wouldn't matter after the envoy's banquet. But right now she has other things to care about.

For example, finding a new dress to wear to the envoy's banquet since her gown was taken away.

Before when she sneaked into Evelina's room as Lia, she could have just took her gown back. But she decided no to. If she were to wear the gown to the banquet, what awaits her is a long scolding from the duke and public humiliation if Evelina decides to make a scene about it.

But there's a way to take advantage of this situation...

That is why, aside from stealing Evelina's hair accessories and ruining them, Angelina too took one of Evelina's best gowns. This gown is one of the only gowns Evelina owned that isn't plain.

**************

On the day of the banquet, Angelina didn't see Alice. She guessed Alice was still dealing with the grief. But Rienne and Arianna were able to attend.

While chatting with a group of aristocrats, Angelina spotted Evelina approaching her from the corner of her eye.

"Lady Evelina is as beautiful as ever."

"It's an honor to meet you, lady Evelina."

"Lady Evelina, your gown is simply dazzling!"

"That gown just matches you so well, lady Evelina!"

Evelina sweetly smiled as a response to the wave of praises and turned to Angelina. Her eyes were full of sadness and disappointment.

"Sister... Why did you steal my gown? If you wanted it you could've asked me. I would have definetly gave it to you!" Evelina grabbed Angelina's hands and held it with teary eyes that could make anyone be bewitched.

"Lady Angelina did such a thing..." One whispered to another.

"That isn't like her at all..."

"This has to be a misunderstanding right? Lady Angelina couldn't possibly be so lowly..."

Even though she heard their whispers, Angelina wasn't faced. She still kept the elegant smile on her face as she responded to Evelina.

"Sister, I'm sorry. I didn't know it would upset you. I thought that... Since you decided to wear my gown for today's banquet, I could use yours... My apologies, I have misunderstood!"

"...." Evelina frowned at Angelina's words. She wanted to say something but she couldn't find the right words...

"So that gown is really lady Angelina's?"

"Pfft... Lady Evelina borrowed her younger sister's gown..."

"Why is lady Evelina so upset when she too wore her sister's gown?"

Evelina was taken aback by their words and left after she said, "ah! My apologies Lina... That's not what I meant... I don't blame you! This is merely a misunderstanding..."

Then she hurriedly walked away.

'Hmph, what misunderstanding? She clearly saw what I was wearing when we got on the carriage... How could she not notice? Haha! Her face was gloomy the whole carriage ride and now she wants to pretend that she never knew?' Angelina smiled triumphantly.