45

The duke's younger sister, countess Belphilia was always causing trouble for Lilith.

Although the she was married, she was childless.

She was married to count Belphilia. A man ten years her senior. She clearly only married him for money, and she didn't even bother to hide it.

Everyone loathed her. Even the emperor was disgusted.

The duke almost lost the favor of the emperor because of her. He told her to stay low profiled, but she ignored his advice.

She would always use the duke's name when she encountered trouble.

The duke tried to stop her but eventually he gave up. He ended up sending her away to somewhere far from the capital to lessen the attention.

Today she got on a carriage and made her way to the capital. She hadn't seen her brother in three months, so she missed him dearly.

The duke and his younger sister's parents have already passed away.

So they only had each other now.

Aside from missing her brother, the countess also wished to see her niece who came back recently.

She had received letter from Evelina, complaining about Angelina. So naturally she needed to go there and teach that young lady a lesson.

But she unexpectedly got into a carriage accidents and died.

Evelina who was dazed from seeing Angelina's cold eyes, finally was able to push her away.

"Sister...?" Angelina made herself put on a shocked and confused expression.

"......" Evelina immediately figured out her mistake.

She had fallen into her trap! Damn it!

"Sorry sister....I'm still emotional right now...I...I want to be alone..." Evelina said as she turned around and walked back to her bedroom frantically.

*******
"......." It was another awkward moment of silence.

Since they didn't have a big age gap, the empress and emperor decided to give his children the responsibility to entertain Charles.

Charles and the crown prince, Alistair were both 16 years old.

The second prince, Leo was 11 years old.

And the youngest princess was 9 years old.

Today, the emperor had the brilliant idea to arrange a picnic for these four.

But they just ended up staying silent and doing their own things.

Charles remained expressionless. Alistair read a book. Leo ate most of the food and the young princess, Elizabeth was playing with her doll.

......

It was quite awkward.

Although the princess was ill, she wasn't bedridden.

She felt a little weak sometimes but she still had energy to do activities like running around, playing with her dolls, having a meal with her family, and more.

Elizabeth, the youngest princess who was combing her doll's hair caught a glimpse of the emperor smiling!

Smiling!

The young who always had a stone expression was smiling!

Elizabeth took this chance to start a conversation. She couldn't stand this awkwardness any longer!