26

Angelina came up with the amusing plan when Chase first visited. She thought it was quite dumb, but the more she thought about, the more she wanted to do it.

After all isn't Angelina trying to make her enemies taste their own medicine?

Evelina, Angelina, and Chase went for a stroll in the garden. It was mostly Evelina doing the talking.

"Brother Chase, what's your favorite flowers?"

"Brother Chase, when will you visit again?"

"Brother Chase, what's your favorite tea? I'll prepare it for you when you visit me next time"

'ugh..can you shut that filthy mouth of yours, Skyler?' Angelina felt like her head was about to explode. Her ears were practically bleeding from the pain of hearing Evelina talk.

Angelina could tell Chase was also uncomfortable, but Chase was too polite to ask Evelina to stop.

"Sister, why don't we go drink some tea? Your throat must hurt from all the talking" [meaning: why don't you shut up]

"You..." Evelina flushed in embarrassment. She clenched her teeth, trying to old back herself from screaming.

"....." Chase was always good at reading the atmosphere, and it was clear the two sisters disliked each other.

No matter how much Evelina tried to keep her innocent smile, she can't hide the fact that she was furious because of her clenched fist.

Angelina noticed Chase's look that showed a little bit of dislike, and was pleased.

'hoho....how does it feel that the one you love dislikes you, Evelina Skyler?'

After a while, Chase left. Angelina was confused in how she could gain his affection. She obviously couldn't fool and gain Chase's affection if Evelina was with them, so she needed to creat a moment where they are alone.

Angelina and Evelina were at the entrance after seeing Chase off.

As soon as Chase left, Evelina shot dead glares towards Angelina. And Angelina glared back at her.

'just you wait Angelina Skylar, I will ruin you!' Evelina thought to herself and left in anger.

"Hmph!"

"Miss, do you and eldest miss not get along?" Marie who was standing near Angelina asked her.

"No...not really.."

"Oh.." Marie has been speculating it ever since Evelina and Alex framed Angelina. It confused her because Angelina and Evelina used to be quite close when they were younger.

"Marie, you can't trust her okay?"

"Yes, miss!" Marie obviously was on Angelina's side.

Angelina smiled at Marie and left with her.

*****
Evelina angrily entered Alex's study.

"Eve?" Alex was signing some documents. He was confused on why Evelina looks so mad.

"Brother..." Evelina's eyes suddenly formed tears.

"What's wrong?" Alex got up and walked towards his sister.

"Wuwuwu" tears flowed down Evelina's face and her nose reddened.

"What's wrong, eve? Why are you crying?" Alex hugged his sister and tried to comfort her.

"Wuwuwu... brother....sister humiliated me in front of brother Chase!" Evelina said while sobbing and wiping her never ending tears.

"What!?" Alex knew his sister was always worried of what people think of her. So he was very upset when he heard that their youngest sibling dare humiliate her older sister.

Evelina continued to cry and tried to gain her brother's sympathy, which she successfully did.

Alex continued to pacify his previous and delicate sister.

"Alright Eve, don't cry anymore ok?"

"Sniff..sniff...okay"

"Don't listen and just stay away from that witch" Alex was very mad. He spent years without seeing Angelina, so she was mostly a stranger to him. And his first impression of her was not very good.

"Okay elder brother" Evelina nodded. Her eyes that was still wet with tears looked very pityful. Her pityful expression made her look like a delicate beauty.

Alex continued to hug his sister, but without his knowledge, Evelina grinned.

Oh she was so grateful for this face she has been born with. With this face she was able to gain people's sympathy with just a tear.

*****

Angelina was inside her room doodling on a piece of paper.

She was doodling a small ugly pig, with 'Evelina' written in the side of it.

Beside the pig was an ugly dog, with 'Alex Skylar' written on the side.

And beside the ugly dog was a fat and ugly cow that was supposed to be the duke.

This was how Angelina viewed the members of the Skylar family (exept the duchess)

"Tsk..." Angelina drew a doodle of herself kicking Chase and Evelina crying.

"Uh miss what are you doing...." Marie's gaze went to an ugly pig that was supposed to be Evelina and couldn't stop herself from laughing

"Pfft- hahahah" Marie laughed so hard she almost cried "oh miss..! I didn't know miss had such a talent in drawing such funny things! Hahaha"

Angelina pouted. 'What Marie? Is my revenge a joke to you!?' However Angelina also laughed with Marie.

Suddenly she remembered something and stopped messing around.

"Marie, will you please prepare a dress and a mask for me? Make sure the dress is styled for a more mature lady."

"Huh? Why is that m'lady?"

"I'm going to be making some money"

Marie was still confused but did as Angelina said.

Angelina decided she would go to bed earlier. After all she needed a lot of energy if she was going to use 'the traveling soul' over and over again tommorow.

The next day Angelina took Marie to town. Angelina wore a black and blue dress, and a pair for blue diamond earings.

Marie didn't wear her usual maid uniform. Instead she wore a white and dark green dress that she bought last time. Marie didn't wear any jewelery and her dress was rather simple but not shabby.

They both wore mask that matches their dresses.

Angelina and Marie got off the carridge and went inside a casino.

This casino was rather popular. Rich merchants, nobles or just people with a lot of money would try their luck and gamble their money away.

However Angelina wasn't afraid. After all she had her trump card!
_____________

A/n: Evelina in Angelina's eyes:

Btw, I won't be able to update much chaps this week, since it's exam week and I'm suffering ( ;∀;)